Friday, August 06, 2010

goodbye little home

After months of waiting and wondering if our little house would actually sell and go to settlement, it actually did. On Ava's 1 month birthday we officially sold our home to another. While I've had months knowing that this day was eventually coming, I was still caught by surprise how sad I was to leave that sweet place. The Lord blessed us beyond measure in that little home of 8 years...the one we've came home to after our honeymoon and the one we've brought each of our three baby girls home too.

Even though we closed on July 21st, we were given such sort notice of the closing (try 1 1/2 hours...this whole deal has been crazy) that we had the rest of the week to pack and move out. Praise God for the army of helpers that literally packed us, moved us and unpacked us. God clearly took care of our every need...even ones we didn't know about. Everything happened so fast and I was still in my up all night with a newborn fog that I hardly knew what needed to be done. Some days people just showed up unannounced to pack up our kitchen or take our laundry or to clean. We closed on our house and began packing on a Tuesday and by Friday we were moved and unpacked in our new house! All thanks to my husband who worked 24/7 and that army of servants that came to our rescue. I was floored by the sacrificial love shown to our family. This situation...moving with a newborn...was the very thing I dreaded, yet God has proven me wrong yet again. His ways are far greater than I can imagine.

On Thursday we went back to our little house one last time. It was a trip down memory lane seeing it with no furniture...it reminded me of when we first moved in as newlyweds!

I'll certainly miss our little backyard.

Our last meal in our house.

We moved into a rental house owned by some sweet friends who recently relocated and are trying to sell their house. It was sitting vacant while on the market so it was the perfect solution for us to move into for a little while. It gives us time to look for a new house without the time pressure. Its a lovely house with a huge backyard that the girls are loving. I'm so grateful that the girls and Joe love this temporary home so much and haven't thought twice about the one we left! As for me, I'm so grateful to be in a house that serves our family so well. But I still have moments that I miss the familiar and what felt like home. I've gone back to our old house to pick up mail twice and even went inside our old house this last time. The new owner just loves it and although it may sound silly, that makes me really happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For what is seen is temporary ....:) I love you brave Jeanie. I went by the beach house and thought of all the wonderful memories that we made there. I'm SOOOO thankful for them and the memories to come at Pat's beach house. God's plans are much better than ours dear one. I love you. Aunt Jeanie

Em Campbell said...

so beautiful and sad and happy. love and miss y'all!

Babs said...

I so enjoy this blog. I love the pictures and the story. This is such a great way to tell your story!!

Lora said...

I cried when I read this post. I can relate!