Thursday, June 17, 2010

Baby Girl Update

Baby girl is now 5 days past her due date! It's funny to think how Alathea & Abigail were both induced on the 5th day after D-day....it makes it seem like this one should be born today. I'd love for this sweet girl to come on her own, so we're just waiting, hoping to not have to be induced. She's not showing many signs of wanting out though! For three weeks now I've been at 1cm. Each time I go in for my OB appointment, they tell me..."we'll maybe you're now just barely more than 1cm". I think they just tell me that to make me feel better! Today I went in to do a routine stress-test and fluid check since I'm almost a week past due. Everything looked great. As if she could stay in there happily a few more weeks :) I go again on Monday for another one. And if she's not born by then, my doctor (and Joe) would like me to be induced on Tuesday, June 22nd. I'd love for her to come on Fathers Day...but my gut feeling is that she'll wait until the 22nd. While we're not sure when she's coming, one thing the sonogram was load and clear about is that this is definitely another girlie! Not that we questioned that at all, but its always nice to have clear confirmation. So now we're just waiting and praying and preparing (and still working on a name)! And we're very excited to meet her!

1 comment:

kendra said...

i still think she is just being stubborn and refusing to come until shes has a name.