Thursday, April 29, 2010

We're moving...


We've had some crazy turn of events here lately. The past two weeks we had two offers come in on our house, two very bad offers. We countered them both and never heard back from the Realtors. I was actually grateful that they didn't go through, because this little girl is due in just 6 weeks and the thought of moving with a newborn brought me to tears!! We actually decided to take our house off the market on May 1st (Saturday), and I've been SO excited to feel more settled just weeks before little sweetie pie arrives. I've been counting down the days for May 1st to finally get here!

Then around 9:30pm tonight our Realtor calls and shocks us with the news that one of the buyers accepted our counter. Which was almost a full price counter on our part! We thought they'd never accept it. Sparing many details, just 24 hours before we were going to (happily) take our house off the market for a little while, it sells.

The biggest kick to the whole story is that we have no where to go and they want to close on May 21st!!! PLEASE PRAY for us tomorrow! We feel the Lord leading us to sign this contract, but its a bit scary not knowing where we will be in three weeks. We have decided we'll look for a place to rent for at least 3 months...to be "settled" when the baby comes and to give us time to look for a house to buy.

Right now I feel a crazy mixture of peace (definitely a gift from God, because I was full of anxiety earlier this week about the thought of moving before the baby comes), faith and a huge heap of emotion. We've lived here almost 8 years and loved every day of it. We love this house. And almost every memory as a married couple and with our girls is here. Its hard for me to imagine leaving in a few weeks (especially with these pregnancy hormones kicking in...I'm crying a lot these days!!). Everywhere I look I think of a memory and I tear up!

I'd love any encouragement on how to handle the emotions of moving...especially since I have NO idea where we are going. This is certainly not my timing...but I'm holding tightly that God's timing is far better. Thanks for your prayers! We desperately need them.

3 comments:

CNIWorldNews said...

Hey Lil' J,
Josh 1:9 "Be strong and courageous....the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." The key is not where you are going, but who you are going with. The mighty Lord will be with you, your new baby, Joe, and the girls. Where is way down the list. I hope it helps, my beautiful niece! For what it's worth, I moved one month before Megan was born, with little Hannah in tow. God brought friends to rally and that first night in our new place we didn't unload a lot of boxes. Hannah and I just took a nice long bubble bath together! I am excited about what the Lord has in store for you guys. Call me if you ever want to talk. Much love, Annie

Lindsay said...

Oh Jeanie!! It's just like God to do it this way! When you were sharing your testimony at the women's meeting, I had the feeling this is how He would orchestrate it. Thank goodness He's BIG and knows just what you need over these next few weeks! Oh I pray you will feel His presence like never before. I ws pregnant with Gracie when we built and moved into our first house, we sold it while Piper was four weeks old (and Jeremy had a corneal transplant-crazy!!), and I will never forget the tears and anticipation of what God had in store. I cried and cried when we signed the papers to sell that house! I still miss it, but I love how God has given us so many blessings here in this new house. He will do the same for you. Please, please call and ask for help from everyone!! I would love to help you in any way I can. I'll be following up with you. Press on and press in to the One who will lead and guide you. And congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Precious Jeanie:

God is SO much bigger than what WE want. Jeremiah reminds us that God's plans are for our good. I cannot wait to see where God will place you - both temporarily and on a more permanent basis.

Thanks to the military, in Grace and Isaiah's 10 years of life, they have lived in 5 different places (the last one for 4 years). Every one of them has special memories because I was with them, not because the house was amazing. You are a great mom and will make special memories where ever you are. Your momma would be proud!

Hold the home loosely and the kiddos tightly :) I love you.

Aunt Jeanie