Saturday, March 27, 2010

Life with my girls


I'm soaking up these last weeks of life with out a new baby. Hard to believe I am in my 3rd Trimester already!! I believe I am 28 or 29 weeks! In some ways I guess I've been pregnant for a long time, but since we didn't tell anyone until December, it also seems like its flown by. My poor third baby... I haven't even taken one "pregnant shot" yet! With my other two I remembered each month. It seemed like I didn't look very pregnant until this past month and now, wow, my belly is certainly noticeable. I had my first stranger ask me if I was pregnant just yesterday.

So far this pregnancy has been almost exactly like my other girls, expect I've felt noticeably more tired. I was telling someone this time around I actually feel pregnant on most days. I was actually happy to find out yesterday that blood work came back saying I am severely anemic. Its nice to know feeling really fatigued wasn't just in my head. Hopefully taking some extra iron will help out a bit!

My big girls are growing like weeds. I just took them for their yearly check-up and they've both grown 5 inches and gained 5 pounds this past year! I think they both may be tall and thin like their Daddy... at least they both are tall now (I was surprised both of them were in the 90% for height!)! And shockingly they were both overall in just the 10% (Alathea) and 12% (Abigail). I never thought Abi was a lightwieght compared to other kids her age. We always thought the opposite :)

Everyday I grow more and more grateful for these little girls. I thank God not only that I am blessed with them, but that they are blessed with each other! They just love being together. And fortunately Alathea loves being the big sis and Abigail loves being the little sis, so it works out quite well. Joe & I love watching Abigail go to Alathea for help and seeing how much Alathea takes such joy in being able to help her.

Just so you are certain that our kiddos are not little angels, they certainly are not. This is a very common look for our Abigail. She is a little firecracker, "Lil miss trouble" as we like to call her. My greatest concern about adding this next little one to the mix is how Abi will respond. She's quite demanding of my time right now, its hard to imagine having anything left to give to this little baby. I guess I'll have to trust the Lord to expand my capacity greatly!! Despite her being a handful, she's also my snuggle bug and a total Mama's girl. I'm not sure I am ready to not have her be my baby anymore!!

This is Alathea mocking her little sis. Its amazing how grown up Alathea seems at four! She's such a little buddy for me. Its fun being able to have adult like conversations with her already! This girls LOVES to talk, which is fun. I'm glad she's got sisters :) She is beyond thrilled about this next baby, and every day tells me how she will take care of her new baby sister while I take care of Abigail. Looks like I'll have a big helper on my hands.

Joe is loving life being surrounded by all these girls that adore him (me being the biggest one). I am so grateful that he is genuinely happy to be having another girl. I'd LOVE for him to one day have a son, but I don't think he ever thinks about it. He's totally content (a wonderful gift from God!) with his girls. He's one incredibly Dad too.

I haven't posted much about our house lately, because there isn't much to say. It's still on the market and we've had a bunch of showings and lots of great feedback, but so far, no buyer. I've been learning great lessons about trusting the Lord and believing that he truly knows what is best for us. The Lord has brought to mind Jeremiah 29 often "For I know the plans that I have for you', declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a hope and a future". Even when I don't feel like it, God does have plans for us and they are for our good. He doesn't promise to move us in our timing or provide a dream home for us in the future, but he does promise that His plans are for our good. So I'm just resting in that day to day and learning not to fret about the future. Gods plans are far better than my plans anyways.

1 comment:

The Nilsen Nest said...

I was so encouraged by that verse, Jeanie! Thank you for sharing that. It's a difficult season trying to sell your house, I'm learned that very quickly!! I can't imagine doing it with 2 toddlers and being pregnant! You are amazing!