Friday, March 05, 2010

Abigail's Birthday

It's still hard to believe my Abigail is Two!
This little sweetie brings me SO MANY smiles and laughs everyday.

She makes the funniest faces when she communicates :)


Here is Abi telling us she is "TWO!"
(I love how her lips pucker when she says two)
She needs a little more practice on how many fingers to hold up :)


Abi's birthday was Feb 7th, the day after Liz & Micheal's wedding. The girls were tired and we had church that morning, so we kept her actual birthday pretty simple.
But we did make sure we had her favorite food: Pizza!!
She ate almost four pieces. No joke. This kid loves pizza!


Then we opened presents from us and all her out of town family.
Can you tell she was sooo excited! I think this may be the first time she got to open presents alone! (Meaning Alathea didn't have any to open too...can you tell Alathea isn't enjoying it nearly as much!)

Abi caught in the commotion...I think she's appealing to Joe for help since big sis has made her way in on the gift opening. Notice my sister in the background...she got snowed OUT of MD and and got to stay two extra days with us!!!

Last but not least, cake!
I had made Abigail a winnie the pooh cake the night before and left it on the counter overnight. When I woke up the next morning I discovered it COVERED in ANTS!!!!
We haven't had any ants for over a year! They all decided to show up and eat my baby girls cake!! Oh well. I tried :)
Fortunately my Dad & Rachel sent the girls these adorable cupcakes above, so Abigail was JUST as happy to have an "Abby-Caddaby" cupcake with a pooh candle on top. Thanks, Rachel, for saving the day!!!
Happy Birthday, my sweet Abigail!!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Haha, poor Alathea! I always had SUCH a hard time on my sibling's birthdays! I just love that picture of her sagging on the couch as Abi looks excitedly at her gifts!