Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Big Sis, Little Sis


I walked and found Abi sitting on Alathea's lap during movie time.
They stayed like this for a full 20 minutes.

The funniest thing is that they are practically the same size :)


When Abigail was first born, I thought we were crazy for having the girls so close in age. But now I am soooo grateful! They are the best of friends. We love hearing them "talk" across the room to each other at night while in bed. We love hearing them run and laugh and play together. Their favorite thing of late is to run around the house following each other laughing hysterically. Its quite funny to watch.

As much fun as it is to see them as friends, I've loved watching the Big Sis-Little Sis relationship play out. Alathea seems to revel in being the big sister. And Abigail seems just fine with having Alathea do things for her. Alathea will get Abigail snacks when she's hungry. She'll wash her hair in the bath tub. She'll peel her banana for Abi can eat it. Alathea will even read Abi books, and Abigail sits still and listens. The best is when Alathea looks Abi in the eyes and calls her "sweet-heart". It makes me laugh thinking about it.

These pics are a perfect picture of their relationship. Abigail sitting quite content in Alathea's lap while they watch a movie. They stayed like this for 20 minutes. So cute. I hope they are always the best of friends!

5 comments:

The Brown Family said...

Precious Pictures! Reminds me of Jon and Taylor growing up together...though I think there were more punches thrown than sitting on laps :). Bless you!!

Ashley said...

I LOVE how Alathea cares for Abi. It really reminds me of my older sister and me. It is so fun that they are close enough in age to be such good friends. They really do look the same size! :)

Julie Bowers said...

OOOOOOOOH MY GOSH!!!! thats probably the cutest thing ive ever seen!! I miss them!!

Carolyn said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!! And Abi really does look as big as Alathea!

mary said...

this is so sweet! love it!