Saturday, January 03, 2009

A bunch of happy news...




First of all, My Dad is now engaged! He started dating Rachel, last July, and they are now engaged as of Christmas Eve. You can read more of their romantic story on Rachel's blog here. Rachel is an answer to much prayers for my Dad. When Mom died 2 1/2 year ago, he was the saddest I have ever seen a person (understandably). It is a delight to see him so happy again. Rachel is an incredibly godly woman, who loves the Word of God and is very devoted in prayer. She has an incredible testimony and was saved 8 year ago (I could be off a few years :) She also has an amazing sense of humor and is a blast to be with. She shared over our Thanksgiving trip that she felt the Lord told her that during the days Mom was dying that Mom prayed for Rachel to enter Dads life. Wow, that thought blew me away and really helped me deal with the emotions of Dad getting married to someone who is not my Mom. And I'm sure its true, Mom often would tell us she wanted Dad to remarry once she died (she's incredible, thinking of others while she's on her death bed). And she listed off the qualitie's he needed in a wife, and Rachel fits them perfectly. I'm sure Mom did pray for dads future wife many times those last few weeks of her life.

Dad & Rachel came to visit the past 5 days  over New Years. It was a fun trip & I took some pictures of them. We also spent a day in Columbia, Sc visiting my Grandma again.

One more bit of news about my sister. No, she's not engaged (although she is very happily dating). But last month we learned that she made 1st Team ALL-AMERICAN for college soccer! If you know college sports at all, you know this is quite an honor. And she was the only defender to make the list too. My brother & I played soccer all through the years and always joked with her about how we got all the honors, but now she's one up on us! And the thing I am most proud of, is Julie's heart for the lost on her team. She's got quite a platform to share the gospel as she is captain and a well-respected player, and Julie has been very faithful to do this! I am so proud of her!

Just thought I'd share some "happy" news in the Bowers family to start off the new year.

6 comments:

The Brown Family said...

God is indeed a Restorer is He not!! Wow- great news Jeanie! Thank you also for the suggestion of the Christmas ornament. It was indeed received as a blessing :).

Denise said...

Jeanie I think this is beautiful and what a work God has done. I know you are so happy for your dad but it is probably hard too with this new phase in life. I applaude you for your Godly example in receiving what God gives each day with trust in Him for the future. You are setting a great example for Alathea and Abigail!

Where did you get the Christmas stockings with the girls names on them??? They are soooo cute!

Becca said...

wow! thanks for mentioning that about Miss Julie since she'd certainly never tell us. :-)

grateful for the way you are rejoicing for your Dad. I've been praying for you. (hopefully that's not too weird--we have at the very least the CLS connection and Jules.)

Jessica said...

I stumbled upon your blog a while back and have rejoiced to see God's goodness to you and your family. It's amazing to see all that God has done - it seems like yesterday that you were hanging out with La at my parent's house! I'm so happy for your Dad and your family! Praying for God to richly bless this new year.

Anonymous said...

That's big news Jeanie! What a blessing for your dad. I'm looking forward to our time together next week. I'm sure we'll have a lot to talk about!

JJandFive said...

Wow. I was so blessed to read Rachel's acct. of the story. Wow.