Saturday, December 20, 2008

Loving the South









The past few days we've had the windows open and have been completely enjoying the 70 degree days in December. I love the south :) It's been great to get outside with the girls and go the park almost every day this week. I know most kids will play outside no matter how cold it is, but not Alathea. She loves warm weather and shivers when it drops much below 60 degrees. 
So we've been taking advantage of these days. Abigail's been loving the park too. The girls spend most of their time on the swings, laughing harder the higher I push them. They also love feeding the ducks at the pond. Abigail goes crazy in excitement as soon as she can see them. 

It was a nice day for pictures and Alathea was even in the mood to smile for me (very unusual!), but my favorite pictures are the last two of the girls together. These sweet moments of the two of them playing together are becoming more frequent. I think Abigail is becoming less of a baby sister and more of a friend. Sooooo sweet! God is so kind!

Oh, and guess who can stand alone for long periods of time no problem now (as in not holding anything)...my little 10 month old! I keep reminding her she is still a baby, but she seems to keep wanting to grow up :)

3 comments:

Denise said...

That is so cute! I admit, although the warm weather is nice, I REALLY miss the winters Chicago has. Everything it white and there's plenty of time to play in the snow!!! Georgia's even hotter than NC! It's almost like Florida down here.

BTW, that first picture of Abigail really looks like your brother Rocky... do you see that? I guess she's got a lot of Bowers in her!

Madeira girl said...

I love how your girls are always in pink! Very cute!

kendra said...

hooooooly mooooly!
i cannot wait till next week!
time with my cookie monster and lil fire ball!
and my jean