Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just Like My Dad

The other day Alathea decided she was going to pretend to be Daddy. 
Alathea has always had an enormous emiganation, but its always as a little mommy who takes care of babies or cooks or cleans. But this day she was very excited to be Daddy.

She started out making a play-dough lunch, complete with little baggies and ending up in a paper lunch bag. This is exactly what she & I do for Joe's lunch every morning (minus the play dough). She then proceeded to do everything exactly as Joe does in the morning. I couldn't believe every little thing she picked up on. She put the lunch and a book by Daddy's shoes by the door. And then (just like Joe does every morning) asked, "Wheres my hat?" It took me a moment to realize she was looking for her panthers hat!


She asked me if she could drive Honey around in circles in my car (Joe lets Alathea sit on his lap every morning and drives around our cul-de-sac). When I said no, she just hopped on her bike and off she went around the cul-de-sac in circles. Then she waved good bye and said "see ya later" and rode her bike to our next door neighbors house. She said this was her work.

I was really enjoying watching her bursting creativity all morning! It was really cute. Until I was laying Abigail down for a nap and heard the loudest crash & scream I have ever heard! Then I walked out to this:

Well, this is after I picked up the plant and fish flopping around on the carpet.
Alathea says she was trying to clean the fish bowls.
Just one more thing her Daddy does every week.
We tried to encourage her to be Mommy the next day :)

6 comments:

Kat Toms said...

ROTF. thank you for bringing much laughter to the GAPteam this afternoon.

tell alathea that we love her.

-Kat, Ivy, Taige

Ashley said...

She is so smart! Sounds like she watches Joe's every movement...hehe. Im sure she will be back to "nursing " baby dolls next week...=)

Anne said...

Jean Marie, that is SO funny! I bet Althea at the scare of her life when those fish bowls fell! Poor girlie:) I'm glad she wasn't hurt! I am so happy she has such in imagination!

Anonymous said...

That is SO funny!!!

Denise said...

That is too cute!!! Especially down to the "where's my hat" and packing the lunch! I love that she adores her daddy. I hope our little girl does just as much...

(I think she won't have a problem with that... We were in NC w/my family this last weekend, and 2 yr old niece had only been with Jonathan a little while, before she was all cuddled up with him, and proclaimed, "I like you more than Aunt Denise." It was hilarious and SO adorable!!! I loved it! Especially since she used to be scared of him.)

Julie Bowers said...

ooooh my gosh that is so so cute!! Man i seriously laughed so hard when i read this. aahhh cant wait to see you!