Friday, October 24, 2008

Hodges Dairy Farm


A few weeks ago Eileen & I decided one morning to take the kiddos to get pumpkins at Hodges Dairy Farm. It looked like it would be a gloomy, cloudy day, but it turned out to be perfect! We had such a great time, that our family went with the Swans just last week for a second time (so I guess we'll have two pumpkin posts :) Anyways, one thing Alathea loved most was running through the sunflower fields! They were gorgeous. She kept smelling them, much to my amusement because her face would be covered with pollen as she smiled at me afterwards.





And my ever so happy "abbers" as I keep calling her. (I'm trying not to, as it's not a nick name I prefer, but it keeps slipping  out!). I had left her in the stroller on one end of the pumpkin patch as I wandered with Alathea looking at pumpkins...and when Eileen pointed out how way far in the distance she was, I ran back to find her like this. She's just sooooo joyful!



All the kiddos minus Anna Cate, happily sleeping on her Mamma.
Its hard to believe we have 5 kids between our two families already! It seems like our 1st babies were just born yesterday!


The kids LOVED this adorable baby goat just roaming around. One thing I love about this Farm is that there is a little bit of everything- pumpkins, animals, moon bounce, wagon rides...
and lots of space to run...as the girlie's are doing below. They are so cute together.



After much deliberation, Alathea proudly shows off her pumpkin. She took a nap with it that afternoon :)




Here is Alathea trying to decide which pumpkin to choose- a very difficult decision for a two year old. I discovered before we left that she had put a few tiny extra pumpkins in the bottom of my stroller- I think hoping I wouldn't see them. Fortunately I found them :) 

Days like this make me appreciate fall. It's sadly  my least favorite season- I'm not fond of cold weather, shorter days and I really hate Halloween. But...I'm really loving making the most of it with our girls!

1 comment:

kendra said...

1) oh my gosh this is adorable
2) abi is my favorite baby. and i have been calling her abbers too
3) i love alathea's outfit... 'specially the boots ;)