Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our Beach Trip continued...



Rocky & his girlfriend Jessica.

My "uncle" Miles (yes, he is really my uncle) and Julie
Marc (married to my cousin Megan), My Grandpa, Eddie (married to my cousin Joy), and Joe 


The Bowers Clan:
(L-R from front to back)
Joy, Eddie & Lulu Centurion; Abigail, Grandpa Bowers, Alathea, Joe & Jeanie
Megan & Marc Hunsaker, Perry & Janet Bowers, Miles (Dad's brother/my uncle),
 Jane (Grandpa's Wife), Dad, Julie, Rocky & Jessica


Lulu & Alathea




Kissing Pop-Pop

We loved the water!


Cousins! Megan, Joy & Julie.





We are home! It's been a wonderful whirlwind of a month- July came and went before I even felt like it began. But it has been full of sweet memories. It started on July 12th when the four of us flew up to MD to meet my Dad's side of the family at the beach for our 1st ever "Bowers Family Reunion". It was awesome!! We are blessed beyond word to have an entire side of the family who love the Lord passionately- which meant for meaningful conversations daily. Four of the six husbands are in ministry. 

We enjoyed a wonderful week with 18 of us all in one house. Our girls did great once again at the beach. Abi took one nap a day in her stroller and one in her sling. What a blessing! I grew up going to Bethany Beach multiple times a year and so it was special taking both of the girls back and reliving memories with me as the mom now!

This reunion was the first time we spent time with my cousins Joy & Megan since they have been married. The best thing was that Joy has a 2 year old girl named Lulu who Alathea loved. They were inseperable! I'm at a loss for words to describe how amazing it was to be with family for an entire week. I really hope we can do it again!

After the amazing beach trip, Joe flew home to get back to work and me & the girls drove 3 hours to MD. We spent 5 days at home with Dad & Julie. It was a great time catching up with them and old friends. Its meaningful to me to spend time with my kids at my childhood home.

The crazy part of the trip was our flight home. Imagine me (and my Dad for most of the time) at an insanely busy airport with two kids and two strollers and two carseats waiting for a 7pm flight they was delayed every hour until it finally left at 3:15am! We were at the airport for over 9 hours!! Joe picked us up in Charlotte at 4:30am! Crazy!!!!! The day after was our CGL retreat...then our anniversary trip...then my sister was here. All with not even a day in between. It was ALL wonderful- I loved every minute of it. BUT- I am so grateful for today- my first day of "normal" at home- just doing laundry & cleaning & hanging with my sweet girls. It's been  wonderful!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Jean Marie, you have any amazing capacity for business! I am so glad the Lord blessed you with all these special times! What a generous Savior He is:) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't think I could enjoy a hectic lifestyle like that away from home, but I'm glad you do!

Happy anniversary btw!