Sunday, March 16, 2008

Rekindle 08...and other life updates...

It has been forever since I have posted! Things have been crazy around here- lots of fun and LOTS of learning what it means to be a mom of TWO! More about that later, I want to update about our 5th trip to Laguna Beach, Florida for Rekindle!


For starters, all of the wonderful pictures are taken by Reba! She was kind enough to make me a CD- and I haven't even loaded my own to the computer yet! Reba also was kind enough to drive down to Rekindle with me and the 3 little girls (including her Kathryn). We made the 11 hour drive into a 2 day trip, spending the night in Atlanta with Reba's sister. It was a fun experience with lots of funny memories I'm sure we'll enjoy for years.
Once we arrived at Laguna Beach, Alathea was ALL about the beach. She loved playing in the sand, running into the ocean (once with her clothes on!), chasing seagulls (which I find particularly funny), and simply running down the beach. She's always been a beach bum, just like her parents :). We figured we'd train Abigail young too...starting her at the beach at 3 weeks old!

Joe is a busy man at Rekindle. He leads the whole trip and once again, did an outstanding job! I'm so proud of my boy! Two college kids gave their life to the Lord and countless other lives were changed. God was so kind to us, yet again!

Isn't that sunset incredible! Its taken from our balcony (well- Reba's balcony two doors down). The gulf coast is so serene...one of my favorite places in the world! 

I had to include the Starbucks picture Reba took- we made a daily trip there :) It was so fun to have our own car. Alathea so enjoyed having "Kat-kat" to play with too! We had to share a room with both girls...we had Alathea in a pack n play in the bathroom, and Abi in a clothes hamper by our bed. Hey...it worked great!

Here is Nick being pulled by a rope. Yes, for real. This is one of the many crazy M28 Rekindle Cup games. Nick was a GREAT sport. Gotta love college ministry. It certainly is fun.


A view of our retreat center...and our room second from right on 2nd level. Amazing blue sky!

The biggest highlight of the week was....JULIE!! My beautiful sister came for the whole week! I don't know who was more excited, Alathea or me? She was a "guest", but served the whole week! She impacted many of the M28 girls lives. I'm thinking future M28 intern...

Alathea is an AMAZING big sister. She calls Abigail "MY baby". I just LOVE my girls!

I'm cherishing the time with my sweet Abi. She is 3 weeks in the picture, but is 5 weeks old now!!! Time goes so quickly...



 Abigail being introduced to the Gods gift of the Beach at 3 weeks old! We start them young! I have MUCH more to share. Its been quite the past two weeks since we've been home. But I hear both my babies awakening from their naps....so I will have to catch up later. Sorry to leave you hanging, but please pray for Joe's brother Jon who was in a motorcycle accident last week...

2 comments:

Meg said...

It looks like a wonderful time! I love the ones of Alathea playing by the water. I am looking forward to meeting little Abi this weekend :-)

Love,
Meg

kendra said...

aw, jean... those are awesome!