Friday, March 21, 2008

6 weeks old




It is so crazy to think that my baby is now 6 weeks old! It has been a WONDERFUL month and a half- full of memories I will cherish a lifetime, as well as fresh challenges of learning to be a mom of two. I couldn't ask for a better baby than sweet Abigail. She is the picture of a happy, content baby. While Alathea was an easy baby too, she was way more active and opinionated, even at six weeks old! As long as Abigail is fed and snuggled, she rarely cries. What a gift!

She has grown so fast. I actually cried at her four week appointment because she was already 11lbs and 23 inches. I couldn't believe it! Over 3lbs and 3 inches in one month. She is still tiny, as she is only one month old, but those little chicken legs are long gone! She also has some pretty bad baby acne- exactly like Alathea at this age. Fortunately as bad as it is, it is starting to clear up.

This has been quite a month and a half for me! I have learned so much as a Mom. First of all, I have learned how VERY little I know. With Alathea I started to feel like I had this Mothering thing down- at least some what. I have been so humbled with two. I feel so desperate for God daily (a good thing!). I need the Lord simply to get out the door on time and to figure out what to do when Abi is hungry and Alathea needs discipline at the same time! I'd love some advice on how to tackle housework and meals while caring for a newborn and toddler- I haven't figured that one out either. Despite all that, I am LOVING being a Mom of two. Days are filled with twice the sweetness, laughter and fun. And Abigail started smiling this week! 

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love those pictures of the two girls! Very cute!

Lindsay said...

Jeanie, you do such a GREAT job with the pictures! They are so adorable. Love the two girl thing:) Isn't it great! Piper asks for "Dwacie" first thing every morning:)
I totally feel you on the learning to be a mom of two thing. Gracie and Piper are two and four and I still feel behind! I have really tried to start the day in prayer asking God for help, knowing the days are difficult. Asking him to help me die to myself. As for dinners, get out your crock pot! And my favorite-my sister and I get together and make freezer meals. Often enough to last a whole month. So each night I just pull out what I want to cook and stick it in the oven. VOILA! It's soooo great.
I do my cleaning while the girls take their naps. I did when they were as little as your girls. In a few months Alathea can start swishing the toilet with you:) Give her a wipe and let her go to town. The girls love cleaning with me. And cooking:)
I'll be praying for you. I totally feel you. Pray for me too!

The Nilsen Nest said...

I loved coming over last week, thanks for having me! Even though you have lots of questions yourself, I know I'm going to gain tremendous wisdom from you in the future! It'll be so fun to have our little girls play together! Love you!