Thursday, March 27, 2008

*Baby Abigail*



   "Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two feet to make music with their pattering about our home...




Here is a soul to train for God, and the body in which it dwells is worth all it will cost...



...since it is the abode of a kingly tenant.




I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all...






...to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other darlings have left me.





Yes, my precious baby...





...you are welcome to your mother's heart...





...welcome to her time...


...her strength...


her most tender cares..


to her lifelong prayers!


Oh, how rich I am...



how truly...


wonderously blessed!"


*Elizabeth Prentiss*
from Stepping Heavenward


(These newborn pictures were taken of little Abi at 2 weeks old by Jason Kovacs)- www.jasonkovacs.com

7 comments:

Madeira girl said...

That is one of my very favorite quotes from that book! Great pictures! Jason always does such a great job. She is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

ooooooh my gooodness!!!! Jeanie those pictures are AWESOME. i looove the ones of just you and her and just her and joe and the one of all 3 of you is grrreat!

Julie :)

Lindsay said...

How adorable! What a great way to display them with such a dear quote.

kendra said...

jeanie... oh my.
I almost cried at the one of Joey and Abbers!

It still blows my mind that he is a dad sometimes. But he is! And an awesome one. And you are an awesome mommy!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful! I love the individual shots with you and Joe. They all look wonderful!

The Nilsen Nest said...

Those are so stinking cute! They turned out awesome!