Saturday, November 03, 2007

Our Little Princess & God's Amazing Faithfulness



This is another beautiful picture that Jason Kovacs took for us a few weeks ago. It struck me today as I went through some photo's of God's amazing faithfulness. I vividly remember sitting with my original girls discipleship group when I was a few months pregnant with Alathea and sharing about fears I was stuggling with...like the fear of miscarrying again, or the fear that this baby wouldn't be healthy, etc. Then the girls prayed for me and one dear friend of mine shared a picture the Lord gave her of Joe & I holding the hands of a beautiful little girl and swinging her up in the air...about how we loved her and cared for her the way the Lord cares for me...that I had nothing to fear (there was more, of course, but that was most of it). The amazing thing is that at that time we seemed certain we were having a boy- the thought of a little girl had never crossed my mind. I hadn't really thought about that time of prayer or that picture from the Lord until I saw this picture- Wow, God is amazingly kind & faithful to me. How can I ever doubt his goodness? We love this precious little gift more than we ever dreamed was possible- she is such a Joy & delight!!!

Joe & I are heading up to Asheville tomorrow for a pre-second baby get-a-way. It seemed like the perfect time to plan one. I always think its a great idea until I face leaving my baby girl for a few nights! Pray that she does well while we are away. Actually, on second thought, pray that I do well while we are away :). She'll be having a great time with the Seavers and Steve & Lizzy who are both serving us while watching her until we return. Speaking of God's kindness & faithfulness to us earlier- just with planning this trip God has provided for us in some amazing ways...like the cabin rental company giving us a free night, dear friends blessing us with money for the trip, and lots of other little ways God has provided the way for us to go! Pray for a sweet time with my hubby (I just adore him- I'm sure it will be wonderful) and health and safety for us all.

3 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

What a neat story of our Lord's faithfulness, Jeanie! Thanks for sharing!!!! We totally had a harder time leaving our kids over the weekend than they did being away from us! Humbling, isn't it?! : ) Hope you have a sweet, refreshing, romantic, worshipful, full of fellowship time away with Joe! May the Lord grant your heart peace!

LeahHawkins said...

THat's awesome!!! p.s. you look just like Julie in this picture! SEE YOU FRIDAY!

Meg said...

I remember that discipleship group meeting so well! Those were special times :-)

I love you!
Meg