Friday, September 28, 2007

Pray for Grandma

Just thought I'd pass along a prayer request. My Dad's Mom, Greta Bowers, is in the hospital right now up in Wisconsin. She's been experiencing lots of pain, vomiting & rectal bleeding. The Doctors are attempting to stop the bleeding. While I do not know all facts, it seems promising that she will be able to leave the hospital and fly home to MD. It's hard to say if this is minor or serious- as Dad says, nothing is minor at 83 years old.

Grandma is well-known by many of you who have had te priveledge of meeting her. She is witty, smart and has lots of energy. She loves her donuts & coffee, but has always been as skinny as a toothpick. She loves the Lord and calls my Dad "her Raymond" (from the TV show "everybody loves Raymond"). The most quarky thing about her is that she is a diehard Greenbay Packers Fan. This week her greatest dream came true- her niece surprised her with tickets to a Packers game- her first ever (did I mention she is a diehard fan & 83 years old- yet this is her 1st game ever!). So this week she went to the incredible game on Sunday...but is now in the hospital.

Anyways, now when any loved one is in the hospital it brings back a flood of emotions for me. It is painful to lose a loved one, and I can sometimes fear that happening again. I need to keep working on taking my thoughts captive, gaining the Lord's perpctive and resting in His perfect Soveriegnty. He has ALWAYS been faithful to me, how could I doubt the future will be any different when He is an unchanging God who keeps all his promises. Things with Grandma look positive at the moment, but I would still love your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've got our prayers! You know, it is so wierd...that your grandma and my dad are the same age. Man, no matter what age, I guess you just don't think of yourself as getting as old as you think you really are! Praying....Robin M