Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Baby" is growing strong...

I am over half-way through my pregnancy! Unbelievable...Here I am at 5 month's (21 weeks):

I had to add these 2 pictures below for vanity's sake...they make me look a little less big-bellied :)



I feel that I am just now remembering each day that I am pregnant. This week I realized I needed to start really mentaly preparing myself for baby girl. I bought her a beautiful journal. (For those of you who don't know...my Mom faithfully kept a journal for me as I grew up and it is a treasure! She gave me one for Alathea, to record milestones, write funny stories and keep memories in one place. I've already had to start Alathea's journal #2! I'd highly recommend it!) I think once I start writing in that I will begin to feel more like a baby is coming in less than 20 weeks. I also would love to find her some outfits of her own (at good deals, of course) or anything else that would help make her feel special. I know it sounds materialistic, but I felt that having new baby stuff helped me anticipate Alathea's arrival.

So as you can see in my picture my belly has grown quite a bit this past month! Although I have nothing at all to complain about, my back has started hurting again...a sign that I'm getting up there in months.

I have been treasuring every moment with Alathea lately. She has such the personality and is incredibly fun for me to be with. We went shoe shopping on Saturday while Joe was out of town. She was hysterical- she wanted to try on every shoe, and then when I'd ask her which one's she liked better, she'd point to her favorite pair! She also is getting snuggly- we have extended snuggle time before bed & naps each day. She often falls alseep while I'm singing to her. I cherish these times as I know when baby girl gets here, it may limit that extended time I just love with Alathea at present. Any tips on how to effectively snuggle a toddler & newborn simultaneously?

With all that said, I am genuinely thrilled about this baby girls arrival. I pray for her daily and do have many moments when I stop and realize I cannot wait to hold her.

7 comments:

Hannah said...

You look great for 5 months! I would never guess by how small you are that you are more than half way! The journal is such a wonderful idea! I'll be praying for you and baby!

Marge said...

That's great that you've kept up with journaling. What a treasure that will be for your girls! I had the same intention when I had my first, but I think it lasted all of two days! As far as cuddling a toddler and newborn at the same time - memories of those days are pretty fuzzy now, although I do remember by first-born smacking her baby sister on the head when she was nursing. Isn't that encouraging? Well, anyway, it didn't last long and they became fast friends. I'm sure the Lord will show you what to do when the time comes, Jeanie. How He loves to pour our His grace on His children.

PS You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Jeanie I have been enjoying reading your posts!!
OH Jeanie...toddlers and infants together...I recall this one very recent moment when Ava and Isabel were both crying, both needed Mommy's attention! So I picked them both up and began dancing with them. It was a fun moment, but then when Mommy was pooped Ava didn't want to get down-so I sat down with them both on my lap, after a few minutes we could all go onto the next thing. All to say-you will definitely experience both children crying at the same time, needing things at the same time, it's all part of motherhood. Amen to what Marge said. God will pour out His grace when you need it-it is always there even in the most challenging moments. Jeanie you will do great with 2 kids, (or more)!!

Denise said...

Jeanie, the journal idea is so precious!!! I got my sister one of those for Katrina, & she loved it so much she got the same one for Shiona. Sweet idea, your little girls will cherish that when they grow up, as you do!

You look fabulous! I love your tan... all that time at the pool has paid off!!! :)

Rebecca said...

I can't wait to hold your new baby too! I may just have to come kidnap her. :)

Anonymous said...

I think its great you are starting to prepare your heart now for baby girl #2!

Well, thankfully babies sleep a lot so you can take advantage of those times to snuggle with Alathea. When Savannah was younger (less wiggley) I would hold both of them on my lap at the same time. Just last night while I was holding Savannah I had Wesley lay his head on my lap when he wanted to snuggle.

Anonymous said...

i don't know what I am more excited about... a new little girl, or dates with lathie!!!!