Monday, September 17, 2007

Birthday Visit



I turned 25 this past Friday! WOW! I can't believe I actually am 25. It seemed like I just turned 23. I'm sure it only feels wierder as each year passes from now on :)! The best part about my birthday was that My Family came in town to visit! They were only here from Saturday morning until Sunday afternoon. A short visit- but us Bowers know how to pack 2 days full of fun!



Alathea had her 1st experience at "Build-a-Bear". Pop-pop bought her a monkey that made sounds. I thought she'd be too young, but she loved picking out her monkey, helping to stuff it, putting not one but TWO hearts in the monkey and then giving it a bath with Daddy (above). Below you can see she loved "monkey" so much she smothered him with hugs on the ground!






Alathea enjoys all the extra attention that Aunt Julie & Uncle Rocky give her! They were "babysitting" her while I had coffee with Dad one morning- she enjoyed a fun wagon ride with Rocky sprinting as he pulled her in the cul-de-sac!

She also adores her Pop-Pop. She was giving him lots of kisses & hugs this weekend.



This picture (above) cracks me up! After everyone flew in on Saturday we ate lunch at Brixx in Birkdale, then shopped a bit, then went to Starbucks. This is Rocky & Joe at Starbucks. Once the food was over they were SO bored. Just look at their faces!



Saturday night Dad let me choose a restaraunt for a birthday dinner. I chose PF Changs....yummy! We then spent the evening at Northlake, where Alathea played & went to Build-A-Bear. After that we stretched the day out even more & rented a movie. Although it was a super quick trip, we had a fantastic time together! I love my family!

I don't have pictures loaded from this yet, but that evening we celebrated at the Lechner's house. Marian made my all-time favorite meal- her delicious veggie soup! To top it off I had the most delicious lady finger cake. I was so blessed!

Also, on Friday, my actual b-day, I had a blessed day as well. It started with a surprise Starbucks trip with my buddies Jenny M & Reba. Then I spent the morning with my precious girl. Joe took me to lunch & spent the rest of the day with me! It doesn't get any better than that!

3 comments:

C. said...

wow... 25! I remember how wierd that felt. Happy birthday, dear friend!!! You're still a youngen!
LOVE YOU,
Charisa

Meg said...

Happy Birthday Jean Marie!! Sounds like a wonderful day!!! That is how I like to spend my birthday...stretch it out as lloonngg as possible! After all, it only comes once a year :-)

Love you!
Meg

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Jeanie!!!!! Looks like such a wonderful time with you family - how sweet!!

(I LOVE Pf Changes too!!!! Had some last week!)