Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Lords sweet nearness


As I wrote two days ago, today marks the day my dear mother entered Heaven. While it has been a very emotional day and had its ups and downs, I have to say I have been floored by the love, kindess & compassion I have recieved from so, so many. Today has been a day of intense remembering of my Mom- which is so bittersweet, and something I love to do. But I have never experienced remembering her in the company of so many. So THANK YOU to ALL of you who prayed for me & my family today. Your prayers really carried each of us today, as I felt the Lords nearness & comfort in a way I haven't experienced as intensely except for the day she died. Thank you for the many of you who came over to see me today, who brought flowers and starbucks and beautiful plants & homemade bread. Every one of those acts of kindness meant so much. I also so appreciate the countless people who e-mailed, sent hand written notes and called me. Honestly, I didn't expect one bit of it. I felt the Lord displaying His comfort through each & every one of you. I will remember this day with sweetness.

I also have learned today what it means to "bear one anothers burdens" and to "mourn with those who mourn". Christ-like love was on full display! I want to learn to be less consumed with my own life to notice when others are in need of care. You don't realize how much small acts of thoughtfulness & care mean until you are on the receiving end. Today would have looked much different if it weren't for my family in the Lord expressing such love. What wonderful examples I have to emulate!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Oh Jeanie you DO notice those in need! You are truly a minister of comfort to those who need it. Aside from your kindness, your own personal testimony of trust in God's goodness speak SO MUCH.

You are loved and I am just blessed to read about all the many ways God added a bit of sweetness to the gall that today is for you. Kind-of like the Passover, the bitter herbs and the sweet honey together.

LeahHawkins said...

Love you woman!

Anonymous said...

As I said yesterday, I know its the least you would do for me! :) *hugs*