Saturday, June 09, 2007

Praying for Micah

I've wanted to pass along this prayer request for a while...many of you have heard about the Davis family that goes to Covenant Life in MD. Their three year-old son, Micah, has a brain tumor and was given 1-2 weeks to live. That was over two weeks ago. While I do not know this family personally (my sister and many friends at home do), I have never carried a family I do not know so heavy on my heart. I have been able to read updates and prayer requests on their blog (www.lukecinda.blogspot.com) which makes me feel like I know them. I have prayed and prayed for them, and cried and cried. Gods ways are mysterious- but we can take comfort that they are perfect, wise & good ALWAYS- even when we do not understand. The family's faith is amazing. Reading updates every few days helps me see how this little guy's slow dying process of cancer is so similar to my momma's and brings back a FLOOD of emotions...the gratefulness when they are awake, the treasuring of each moment, the agony of "waiting", the wondering if God will heal, the intense pain at each setback, the saddness as they slip into sleep and you wonder if they will wake ever again, and, of couse the comfort the Lord brings in his perfect timing. Please pray for this little guy, his siblings, parents and entire family. I know they are being carried by the prayers of fellow believers, many whom they have never met. I know the same was true for our family...thanks for your prayers...

No comments: