Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy 30th Anniversary Mom & Dad






Today would have been Mom & Dad's 30th Wedding Anniversary. They certainly have left quite the legacy of what a God-centered marriage should look like- certainly the best examply I know of. I know that Joe & I have learned so much from their example and will always look back on the things we have learned. Dad sent us kids an e-mail last night and today. He gave me permission to share them. I think they are an honest window into a broken man's heart and a beautiful picture of the love that they shared...Dad, I respect you SO MUCH!!!


Jeanie, Rocky and Julie,

From my diary entry today:

Dad xxoo

06/11/2007 11:05AM by Ken Bowers - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SWEETIE!! I remember 30 years ago today (this very hour... 11:00 am) you were walking down the isle to marry me!!! That was one of the happiest days of my life (the only thing that came close to that joy was the birth of our kids). Amazing that today is one of the saddest days of my life. 30 years ago I was so happy and full of joy. Today I am so sad and full of tears. The pain of missing you is unbearable at times. But by Gods grace I will be OK. I wish you were here so I could hold you again and tell you how much I love you (I guess that I need to wait until I see you again). Thanks for the great memories and for 34 years of unbelievable joy and happiness. I am so glad for the cross and because of that I will see you again.




And here is Dad's e-mail from last night:



Rocky, Jeanie and Julie,

It is now Sunday night, June 10, 2007 and tomorrow, as you know, would have been mom's and my 30 year wedding anniversary. I thought you might be interested in what I wrote in my journal last June 11, 2006. It was written from a man who was and still is desperately in love with your mother.It was written by a man who was and still is in much pain. I hope that this writing might encourage you to fall in love with your spouses every day, as we never know when the last day will be.

I also want to once again honor your mother. She was the godliest woman I have ever known and I miss her so much. There is not a week that goes by that I cant wait to see her again in heaven. Being married to her was the happiest I have ever been in my life. I dont know if I will ever find that happiness again.

I also want to thank all 3 of you for your prayers and support of me. Thanks for calling me every day to make sure that the "ole man" is OK. I still dont know if my heart will ever be whole again. It has been broken now for many years. I guess that I just need to let go and let God do His healing in His time. In the meantime I just want to glorify Him. I want to please God so bad. I want Him to be pleased with me when I stand before Him.

I love you kids so much and I thank God for you daily. I do not deserve you children.

Dad xxoo

------------------------------------



06/11/2006 09:58AM by Ken Bowers - Happy Anniversary Sweetie!! I have already had my cry for the morning realizing that this Will be our last anniversary together (It just is not fair!! It hurts so much!!). God will have to sustain me through this trial as I am to weak to even think!! Have mercy on me Lord!! We will attempt to go to church this morning but Kathy is still very weak. I have been her best friend for 33 years now (4 dating and 29 years of marriage). She has been the perfect wife and mother and I am desperately in love with her. My heart will propably never be healed again and I am bleeding internally over the pain of separation. It is the hardest thing I have ever faced in losing my best friend. I look forward to seeing her again soon. Lord, may Kathy be cheered into heaven by a great crowd of saints. May I be faithful to finish the race as well as her.

2 comments:

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh my goondness, Jeanie....I could barely get through that for all the tears clouding my vision!! Beautiful, beautiful! I can't imagine how your dad is feeling...I know it's got to be hard!!! God's grace is so good, SO,SO,SO good!!! Praise Him for the life your parents lived, the death your mom "lived", and the life your dad is still living! Their lives are NOT wasted!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. That is pain I cannot even imagine and can't bare to think about experiencing.