Monday, June 25, 2007

Aunt Julie & Pop-Pop and Alathea's first boat ride











Two of Alathea's very favorite people were in town visiting her last week (that's right- visiting her, not me ;)
My Dad, "Pop-Pop", flew in only for the weekend, while Julie stayed the entire week. It's hard to describe how wonderful it is to see two of MY favorite people! Dad was here for Joe's birthday (16th) and Fathers Day (17th). We had a blast hanging out as a family, eating out (thanks to Dad's generosity) and going to the park in Alathea's new wagon (also thanks to Pop-Pop), which she just loves. It is now a new Lechner family ritual to go on a "wagon ride" every night after dinner- if we forget, Alathea is sure to remind us.

Julie stayed on the rest of the week and we had fun just the girls...going to the pool, playing mini-golf and even going out on Lake Norman for a day with Joe, Stretch & Zach. Alathea had her first tube ride and loved it!

How I love God's gift of family!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I'm so glad your dad and Julie were able to be in town for Father's day. Alathea is getting so big! Wow, that is a huge tube. We were out on the lake yesterday tubing...but we don't have a 'couch' tube, haha.

Denise said...

What wonderful pictures, Jeanie. And tubing? Wow! Your Dad is surely a generous man. I'm glad you and your sis got a whole week together, God's gift of family is awesome, isn't it?!? Love ya!

Anonymous said...

i looove my sister! oh and I so came to visit you not just Alathea! I love the pictures! i loooove her face in the picture with me and her on our wagon ride!! do you have any other pictures from boating you could send me?

LeahHawkins said...

Glad to hear about what's going on! Miss you guys~!

LeahHawkins said...

Glad to hear what's been going on! Miss you guys!

LeahHawkins said...

Miss you guys!