Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We're Coming Home!!!

Lord willing Alathea & I will be safely home tomorrow morning. Joe is driving home tonite from NA. We CANNOT WAIT to see each other!!! Below are TONS of pictures "documenting" our trip. Enjoy them...and I'll be impressed if you make it all the way through! I look forward to seeing everyone soon!






We enjoyed spending Memorial Day at "Harbour Place" (were Dad, Grandpa & Uncle Billy each own house little houses on the Bay.) Alathea loved the little beach, which was just her size!





Alathea with My Grandpa & his wife Jane


Alathea LOVED my Dad's dogs. The very first thing she'd say once she woke up in the morning was "Woo-woo" (aka "Woof-woof"). She'd literally spend HOURS hugging, feeding, petting and playing with Boomer. She especially enjoyed giving him kisses (and didn't mind getting her face licked). I think we may be getting a dog one day :)



Dad & took Alathea to the National Zoo. It was a blast...and it was free! Her favorite animals were the Monkeys("Ooo-ooo") and Lions ("roooar").




We took Alathea to the park a bunch. This is the same park that I grew up playing at. For my Dad is was a trip down memory lane (he got choked up quite a bit)!


"Da-da's" leaving for New Attitude :( We missed him SOOOOO much and can't wait to see him in the morning!!! Alathea enjoyed talking to Joe on the phone every day, but got frustrated when she couldn't see him in person.





Here we are at Brookside Gardens- another beautiful place I grew up visiting. I was shocked how much Alathea enjoyed every flower, fountian and animal she saw. It was a treat seeing her get so excited. I love the picture of "Pop-Pop" giving her his famous "upside-down-tickle-tackle"- she loved it!


My little Bro, Rocky, with my Grandma


Alathea enjoyed "helping" Pop-Pop weed in the garden. One day while I was running she helped him weed for over an hour! (She's got her Daddy's blood!!)




"Uncle Rocky" became a quick favorite as "Aunt Julie" was in Hawaii all week.


A sad story...my Dad had two dogs I grew up with- Boomer & Sandy (who is in this picture). Sandy died suddenly & completely unexpectantly in the middle of my trip. The ironic thing is that Joe's childhood dog, Desi, died the exact same day!

2 comments:

Hilary Ann said...

I love all the pictures, it looks like you both had a great time up there! And Kristin's pictures are wonderful, too. Thanks for sharing them all!

Topharmers Wife said...

Looks like you all had a blast in Maryland! Glad that you are coming home, the kiddos miss their buddy!