Sunday, April 01, 2007

This Week

SO...after the topic of Time Management coming up in our Women's Ministry at Church lately, I have been trying to seriously evaluate how I spend my time. Am I really giving myself to my priorities? Am I saying "yes" to too much? Well, this has been another one of those weeks where I barely make it out alive :) Although it was very busy, and there were times I was in tears because I had, once again, said yes to too much and not given myself to what was most important. Despite ways I need to grow in Time Management, by God's grace there were still many highlights from the week. I was amazed as I loaded my already full memory card onto the computer that every picture was taken just this week! And there were many other things that happened that I don't have pictures of! Here are some of this weeks highlights (starting from the end of the week and ending with the beginning)...


Joe spoke in Greensboro on Sunday. This is Alathea in the car snuggling bunny on the way home. It was an all day event. Good friends Steve & Lizzy came with us too! It was a fun day.


This is a picture of Alathea at home after Greensboro (actually at the end of the week...this picts go from the end of the week to the beginning :)...she was exhausted!! Some good family snuggles before bed that night!


Alathea falls down on the sidewalk and scrapes up her entire face (as shown here)

Playing with Wesley & Savannah...they are both fighting for attention here :)


Reading stories with Daddy...an all-time favorite activity


"Aunt Jeanie" with my nephew Andrew at 10 months old (we had a play date with him too)


The Seavers are in town and come over for dinner (This is Alathea trying to kiss Sarah Evelyn)


Grandpa, Grammy & Uncle Aaron come over to play & eat dinner


With the gorgeous weather we were outside almost every evening. We'd eat dinner and then play soccer while Alathea played with her baby doll (sometimes she'd join us too)


The Abernathy's came over to visit (and Paul played soccer too). They live 2 doors down from us. This is Oliva at 5 weeks!



We went to the Asheboro Zoo as a family on Joe's day off! Alathea loved it. She's really into animals so this was a treat. The only thing she didn't like was when we'd stick her back in the stroller...she'd much rather run free!!

Well, Praise God for so many blessings this week. And hopefully I will grow in not saying yes to so much this next week...

2 comments:

Denise said...

Oh my goodness Jeanie, what a full week indeed! I just love the pictures. Alathea is so cute, shall I even say pretty at only a year old?? She is!!! I love how you dress her! The zoo especially looked like fun, that was the first outing I went on with Jonathan's whole family. Good memories. :)

megan haughery said...

jeanie:
Found your blog through blackburns via murphys. How fun to catch up on the life of your little family! Alethea is ADORABLE, and getting so big. Hope you're doing well. Maybe we'll see you this weekend...

megan
web.mac.com/chilibowl