Thursday, April 05, 2007

Easter


Nana giving Alathea her "Bunny"




Our Family last year at Easter. Alathea is wearing her pretty pink Easter dress from Nana too...



More pictures with Nana & Bunny...who'd have thought Bunny would become her favorite thing in the world...maybe it reminds her of Nana...




We will be driving up to see my family in Maryland early this Saturday morning. We'll spend Easter with my extended family and maybe even Nick & Reba and the Seavers. We'll stay in Maryland a whole week, until the following Saturday when we drive home so Joe can speak in Greensboro again on Sunday. (pray for him...he's got three messages in one week again..Greensboro, M28 and then Crossway the following Sunday). Joe & I will be attending the Leader's Conference Wednesday night-Friday night, which is held at Covenant Life Church. My Dad & Julie are going to watch Alathea for us during the meetings. This will be by far the most I've ever left her in a week...I'm kinda nervous. Although, I know she'll have so much fun and be spoiled rotten by my dad & sister. They've already told me of their grand plans with her (french frie dates, going to park, getting milk shakes...). Fortunately Alathea has been feeling much better since yesterday. I guess maybe she did have a virus that just needed to run its course.

Pray for my family during Easter. There is nothing like a holiday to remind you of the loved ones who are no longer with you. We ALL miss Mom terribly. I guess we thought it would get easier with time, but it hasn't really yet. Just longer periods of time between crying :). Last year my Mom bought Alathea her first beautiful Easter dress (which I still have hanging in her room), and her beloved "Bunny"!! Who would have thought that Easter Bunny would become her favorite thing in the world! So those things remind me so much of Mom. Last Easter was when we learned she had less than six months to live. Both sweet and painful memories. I'm also going to visit Mom's grave for the first time on Easter. I've kind of avioded it so far, but I think its time. Please pray for that too! It won't be easy.

These are pictures of Easter last year.

I hope everyone enjoy's the most important day of the year...celebrating what our Savior's done for us!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Jeanie, I can't even begin to know how your sweet family must feel at this time of year. You are definitely in my thoughts and in my prayers as yet another "first" comes to remind you afresh of the beautiful, wonderful, Godly lady who your mother was who's no longer with you all. I think it's precious Alathea has made bunny her favorite thing. Those pictures of them together can be a treasure to her as she grows up hearing about the lady of faith your mom was.
Love you guys! You'll be in my prayers. Have safe travels.