Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mom's Journal - Entry #3



Here is the third entry in my Mom's Journal. She wrote this a few days after discovering her cancer was terminal. We still aren't sure who she wrote this for or why she did it...but we are so glad to have these nuggets of gold from her. This is a picture of my Mom & I when I was Alathea's age. I've got it hanging on her wall.

"The next thing God taught me is: His Grace is sufficient fr me in my weakness. In 2 Corinthians 12:9 Paul asked God three times to take away his thorn in the flesh. God's response was His grace is sufficient in our weakness. Many times I have asked God for healing and so far his response has been His Grace. But don't ever minimize the grace. I know I can face the roughest storm, the worst news, even death and God's grace will carry me through.

I used to fear my Mom's death- even though I know the only thing I need to fear is God alone But how rich and real was God's grace as I walked through Mom's death. He gave me the strength to take care of her while she was dying and to plan and speak at her funeral. His comfort so relieved any pain of missing her. It truly amazed me, hoe sufficient God's grace really is in our time of need.

Grandma died well. She wasn't afraid of death and looked forward to being with Jesus."

...I can say the same for my mom!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Jeanie,

It is so challenging and amazing at the same time to read your mom's journals through her trial. I'm grateful you're posting. I can't believe the faith and even joy she had going through it all. I pray I can have such a trusting attitude through whatever trials God takes me through.

Miss you!! Alathea is a doll! She's a good mix of you and Joe. You were a cute baby, too!

Unknown said...

Jeanie, I just found your blog today and loved reading this post (even though you wrote it over a month ago). Thanks for being so transparent and letting us in on such a sweet entry by your mom.

A sweet friend of mine passed away last week from cancer and your mom sounded just like her. Constantly writing of truth and hope and joy despite the circumstance. She truly rejoiced in her trial and brought God much glory...it sounds like you mom too.

What a homecoming they must have recieved from the Father! Maybe He introduced them!