Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year!!



We hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas & a blessed New Year already! It's hard to believe that it is 2007! Wow, time sure flies. Just one year ago Joe & I hadn't had Alathea yet and my mom was still living. A lot can change in a year. While reflecting on this past year I realize the Lord has taught me so much... the biggest lesson of all be that He is Soverign, Good & All-Wise. In short, I've learned to trust Him more than ever before. Like the song says, "He gives and He takes away, and I will say 'blessed be your name".

Sorry to take so long to post, we've been "on the road, AGAIN!". No surprise really. Alathea & I enjoyed a week in MD with family and friends in Mid December. We drove up with my great friend, Rebecca Swan, after her baby shower here in NC. We celebrated my amazing sister, Julie's, 17th birthday. It was a blast. I LOVE being with Julie! (actually, everyone LOVES being with her...she really is amazing). We enjoyed a fun dinner out at a fancy chinese retsaraunt with Julie's "inner circle" of friends (which was over 35!). We also celebrated Christmas with my family while we were up there. I had a wonderful time taking lots of walks and going shopping almost daily with my daddy. We had lots of special time together. I also was able to see my brother Rocky, who is at U MD and some extended family. I have to thank my amazingly wonderful husband for not only releasing me to go to MD, but encouraging me to go. He is so sensitive to how difficult the Christmas was with out my mom and wanted me to see my family as much as possible. I love you so much, baby!

Once back in Charlotte, there was less than one week until Christmas! We enjoyed wonderful family time just the three of us! We drove to see Christmas lights and started new family traditions. Joe's grandmother, Mere, and Aunt Mimi came in town the week of Christmas. We spent at least part of everyday visiting with them and the rest of the Lechners. There was lots of food and lots of roudy games of domino's. It was fun spending so much time together. Alathea especially enjoyed her cousin Andrew, who is only 3 months younger than her. We enjoyed all of the Christmas party's and festivities until Joe got the nasty somach flu the day before Christmas Eve and we had to miss both services that day :( Paise God is was only 24 hours of sickness and the Lord protected the baby and I!

Christmas day was a special day- Alathea's 1st Christmas. She LOVES opening presents and enjoying her new toys :)

December 27th we flew to Ft. Myers Beach, Florida to enjoy a special vacation with my family! (Dad, Rocky, Julie, Uncle Billy, Aunt Pat & Uncle Bill, Aunt Jeanie & Grace & Isaiah, and Aunt Mary Beth with baby Ryan). My Aunt Pat owns a house on the beach and 4 of my mom's siblings and children all met there for a little family vacation. My Dad, being as AMAZINGLY generous as he is, paid for Joe & I completely as a Christmas gift. What a blessing! We were in Florida for an entire week...from Dec 277-Jan 3rd. We just flew in last night! I'll post more on this wonderful trip soon. For now, Happy New Year!

No comments: