Wednesday, November 15, 2006

On the Road Again

Early Thursday morning we load up baby girl and head to Knoxville, Tennessee. We take an anual trip there each year to visit dear friends Mike & Elizabeth Plewniak (they lead the college ministry at University of Tenn...so we have quite a bit in common). We also bring along the interns (Dave& Anne, Katherine & Stretch) so they can learn from the interns at the church there. There is an added bonus this year, because I get to see my little Meg who moved to Knoxville this summer. Joe will be speaking Thursday night in Knoxville & then at Crossway on Sunday when we get home...keep him in your prayers!

We then head up to Maryland for the entire week of Thanksgiving (Monday-Sunday)...Yippee! I've been counting down the days to see my family. It will be so nice to have such an extended visit. We have lots of fun things planned...like shopping, the zoo, and catching up with friends. We can't wait! Although I am sure we will have a blast together, there still is an undeniable looming sadness at the loss of Mom. She hasn't even been gone three months yet. Please keep the entire family in your prayers as we approach the holiday season. Everything about the holidays reminds us of Mom and this will be the first ever with out her. Praise the Lord for the hope of Heaven & for the comfort he provides on earth at present. He has met each of us in our mourning...Thank you for your prayers!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you all!
It was so good to visit with you last weekend, thanks for having all of us over :)

Hope you have a great trip!

I love ya,
Bethany

Rebecca said...

I'm can't wait to see you guys!

Rebecca said...

Oops, I mean "I can't wait," not "I'm can't wait." Speck's starting to use up my brain cells! :)

Anonymous said...

She is BEAUTIFUL, Jeanie! It is great to see you and Joe enjoying your child. Alathea has wonderful parents. I loved to see her in the blue swimsuit and the sun bonnet. Makes me feel connected when unfortunately we live so far apart. What a blessing.

The Murphys said...

HEY! i tried to get you on the phone and i looked for you on sunday, but no luck. =( i guess we'll see you in december at meg's wedding!
~Kelley Murphy