Saturday, August 21, 2010

.4 Years.

4 years have passed by since I've seen my Mom's sweet face!
Its hard to believe its been so long.
She's picture above holding Alathea at 7 weeks old.
This is just 4 months before she died.
How I wish she could be here holding Ava right now.
God's ways are mysterious.
But His ways are perfect and loving and good.
And my faith is stronger, joy's richer and my heart ever more grateful after having to walk through losing my Mom. Its true that God is so near as you walk through the dark valley's of life. And some of the deepest sorrows in life, result in the richest blessings of the soul.
One of these day's I hope to share some of those sweet blessings,
rich things I've learned as a result of walking through the season of Mom's sickness and death.
With today being Ava's 2 month birthday, and the 4 year anniversary of Mom's death,
I'm all the more reminded of the song:

"He gives and takes away,
He gives and takes away,
but I will choose to say
Blessed be the Name of the Lord"

2 comments:

Reesa said...

Jeanie. Thanks for posting that part of that song. I have been thinking of it all week. This Tuesday if the 4 Year Anniversary of my Neices' Death, who was tragically taken from us in a car accident, and it has been a rough week thinking of her, and lots of fear wondering if this Anniversary will be any "easier". I know it won't but your words have calmed my Soul. He is so good!~

Anonymous said...

I love you precious Jeanie and I am SO grateful for you. I am SO thankful for your mamma too! She was an amazing example and I am grateful that God lent her to us for as long as He did. I remember you kicking in your mamma's belly. Life goes on and I know she's proud of you. Aunt Jeanie