Tuesday, February 02, 2010

sick again

I hate to admit it, but I am sick yet again. Being one who typically has a great immune system, this is so unusual for me. I think this is my 3rd sickness this winter...first the flu, then a 3 week cold, and now another yucky cough/cold. I'm starting to think my immune system just isn't 100% when I'm pregnant. Any ladies have similar experiences? What did you do to boost your immune system? It seems to take me weeks to recover from a simple cold, any thoughts on how to speed that up? Anyways, I'm fighting the temptation to grow weary in caring for my little ones, so I'd love your prayers for strength for my body and grace and strength from the Lord!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Jeanie,
I had the same issues. It definitely affects your immune system being pregnant. Rest, rest, rest. I know that is SO hard with little ones, but you have to find time. Drink tons of water to flush out all the yuckies, and garlic, and vitamin C are really good too. I'll be praying for you. Hang in there.

mary said...

I'm so sorry Jeanie~ I had the same issue. When I was pregnant with James I got the flu twice. After he was born Caleb and James both got sick but I didn't so I know that my immune system was way down when I was pregnant!I pray you get better soon! I know it is so hard being sick, pregnant and trying to take care of the other children~

Carolyn said...

I'm sorry! :( Its common for your immune system to be supressed during pregnancy. Are you taking a quality prenatal/multi vitamin? Besides the usual advice of rest, water, and healthy eating, you could try taking some potent probiotics (look for one that says 10 billion cells or more), extra vitamin C, and extra zinc.

Kevin said...

Hey Jeanie, this is Kevin. there is a medicine like cough drops called Cold-eeze that you can pick up over the counter and it helps to lessen the severity of colds and make them go away faster. If you start taking them as soon as you start to feel sick they work even better. They usually work really well for me. Hopefully since its been awhile since you posted this you are already feeling better though. Love you,

Kevin Dant