Sunday, November 01, 2009

the latest

 Just thought I'd write a quick post updating our house situation. The picture of the girls has nothing to do with it, but it makes me smile (my girls + summer always makes me smile :), so I thought I'd include it. Anyways, we heard from Lloyd, our realtor selling our house, that it looks like after all this time our buyer most likely will not qualify for his loan. Now this is a huge surprise, since he pre-qualified no problem, is putting money down and has a steady job in the military. Its a complicated and surprising story, but to make it brief, he needs to have more convincing proof that he has a good job come march when he gets out of the military (he does, he just doesn't have proof...long story). It really boils down to whether the lender trusts him enough. So, the loan went back into underwriting one more time, and we should find out this week. If you think of it, you can pray for God to move in the heart of the lender to approve this loan, if its His will! Otherwise, we are back at square one. No need to update you on the house we have under contract on the other end! That only counts if our house goes to settlement. 

I was reminded today of this scripture:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
  lean not on your own understanding,
in all your ways acknowledge him, and He
will keep your paths straight"

While this was indeed disappointing news, I have faith that the Lord is working all things for good.
He is my Father who loves me and knows what is best. I am perplexed at times, wondering what 
these past weeks have been about, but I'm realizing there is no need to try and figure it all out.
God knows and is in control and that is all that matters.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Praying here Jeanie! I know it's tough going through house stuff.

Hey, send me that blog too that we were talking about at church:)

The Brown Family said...

Oh Jeanie- My prayer for you in the midst is that the Lord would continue to stir your heart to all the more delight in Him, savor Him and cherish Him which Piper says is evidence of trusting Him :). I know without any doubt that the Lord is accomplishing so much more glorious thru this trial! May He receive much glory and I know you will receive much good :). Praying!!