Sunday, November 29, 2009

Disney World: the best day of Alathea's entire life

I went a little crazy with pictures on this post, but Alathea was sitting on my lap and wanted them to keep coming. Anyways, we went to Disney World!! I still can't believe it. We were in Orlando, Florida vacationing with my family the week before Thanksgiving and our little family of four had a few days to ourselves. We thought of taking Alathea to Disney World, but sadly had to rule it out because it was SO expensive for even just one day. BUT, God had a different plan. A week before we left my friend Jenn stopped by our house with a "surprise"- she had Disney World tickets!! We were blown away and totally excited. Alathea absolutely loves the Disney princesses and we knew taking her to Disney World would be amazing. It was... here is Alathea's favorite day of her life:



Alathea could not stop smiling ALL day. This is her on the monorail into Magic Kingdom at 7:45am. She was sooo happy. And as you can see below, just a few feet into the park she couldn't help but run up and hug a statue of Mini Mouse!


A must have Cinderella's castle picture. Alathea's still smiling!!
(Abi still does not understand what all the fuss is about :)


Alathea loved all the statues. She's easy to please.

First stop of day: meet Ariel!

The slides were Abi's favorite thing. She wasn't nearly as thrilled with Disney World as Alathea. I give her 1 year and I bet she will be.

Next stop: Mickey and Mini Mouse. Joe was as excited to meet them as Alathea!!

The she met THE PRINCESSES!! I wish I could post the video's we have of her meeting them. We've never seen her so excited about anything :)

After meeting the princesses we spent the rest of the day on rides. 
The girls loved all of them. Alathea's favorite ride was "Africa" (as she calls it), 
or the jungle cruise. She thought the animals were real!


And then she met Snow White, her favorite princes of all.


We got great seats for both parades that day. They were incredibly well done. By far Abigail's favorite part of the day were the parades. She loved all the music and dancing.


By mid-day this is Abi (above) and Alathea (below)

We ended our "magical" day with fireworks by Cinderella's castle. 
Even on the way home at 10pm, Alathea was still happy as could be, naming each of the princesses she met that day. It was a special day. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get to go again one day!

4 comments:

B. Emerson said...

Jeanie, I went to Disney World when I was just a little older than Alathea and absolutely LOVED it! I still have the Minnie Mouse doll my Dad bought me and still remember riding the teacups. So glad you all had such a sweet time together!

The Nilsen Nest said...

I was wondering where you've been! :) It looks like you had such a blast!

Julie Bowers said...

Those are the greatest pictures I have ever seen! I wish I could have been there with you guys!!

The Murphys said...

Snow White is Keara's favorite too! Go figure!