Saturday, July 11, 2009

A whole lot of visiting

This summer has been sprinkled with many wonderful visits from family!
To kick it off was (and always is) my most favorite visitor of all: Julie!
I posted weeks ago of her and Alathea splashing in puddles and dancing in the rain (in PJ's). She's simply the best sister and auntie. 
We did lots of other fun stuff together...our traditional trips to Birkdale for Brixx, splashing in the fountains and Cold Stone (somehow I never get tired of Birkdale :)
We went to the pool, saw movies, ate & laughed. Ahhh, nothing like a sister...


...or an Auntie! 

Julie & I also drove down to spend a lovely day with my Grandma Bowers. 
She lived in Maryland until two years ago when she moved to Columbia, SC to live near my Aunt & Uncle. We used to see her almost every day growing up. I'm grateful she lives close by again.


Then... Mere came in town!
We love her annual two week summer visits.
Alathea was particularly smitten with Mere, saying "Mere is my most best friend, Mommy!"


During Mere's visit we spent LOTS of sweet time at Jon & Heather's new beautiful pool in their backyard. Alathea loved swimming with Grammy and Cousin Andrew, but Abi & Caleb like chillin' by the gravel rocks instead :)


I LOVE that my girls BOTH have cousins the exact same age!
Heather is now half way through pregnancy with baby boy #3 due in November.
I must admit when she got pregnant I was concerned I'd be getting pregnant too! It seemed that we'd always be having babies together. Looks like she'll be flying solo for a little while this time :)

We also had a visit with Joe's other Grandma who lives in New Mexico. I have only met her once before, so it was  a treat to spend time with her again. 

We are very blessed to have such wonderful family who comes to see us! In August my Dad & Rachel will visit. We can't wait!


1 comment:

megan haughery said...

i love that i can keep up with what's going on with jon & heather via your blog. tell her she really needs to get a blog or FB or something! 3 boys! so fun. and so heather. :) please tell her i said hi and congrats...