Monday, May 04, 2009

Strawberry Picking








It's my favorite time of year again! I love spring & summer. To kick off the start of it, we went picking strawberries with a bunch of friends. It was a super fun day. This year both girls seemed to enjoy it (last year Abi was just a few months old and was quite hot and miserable in her car seat). Alathea got the hang of picking strawberries and picked them all herself (about 8 lbs worth!!). She told me she was Strawberry Shortcake. And as my friend Hilary said, the farm should have weighed Abigail before and after, because I am quite certain she ate a whole pound just while we were there! I let her down at the edge of the strawberry patch and she was in baby heaven. Strawberries (next to ice cream) are her favorite food. So she wandered around picking her own berries, taking a bite, and moving onto the next one. Believe it or not, we consumed all 8lbs of berries in under a week!! We may have to go to another strawberry patch to get some more soon.

2 comments:

Anne said...

What fun! I love how, in the pictures, you can tell the kids were all hot. Their sweaty facies tell a story:)

Rebecca said...

Methinks you chose matching red tops for the occasion...very cute!!