Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Rekindle 2009


Finally got my pictures up from Rekindle 2009! It only took me two weeks ;) This was our 5th college group's spring break trip together and it was the best one yet! SO many things that God did that week. One of the highlights every year is the privilege to baptize some of the kids who have been recently saved in the Gulf of Mexico. Below is a picture of this years group (along with Jon Shea & Joe who lead M28). God is so good! I LOVE looking at all the baptism pictures over the years.

Here is our little family at the beach (above). Joe leads the whole week and is very busy, but us girls love and savor all the time we get with him. And I'm so grateful my girls get to go every year...little college ministry babies...this is Alathea's 4th year!! Below is the view from our room...not bad! 


I love this boy!


Alathea & I went out on an ice cream date one morning. She had a great time all week, but by the end clearly needed some alone time with Mommy. It was special to be with her. And really sweet to see how happy she was to be just me & her.



The girls were in AWE of flying kites. Alathea did it all by herself!!







Feeding the seagulls from our balcony every morning.


Abi LOVED the beach! She was pretty fearless in the ocean too!



"Miss Hanna", our favorite friend and babysitter, came with us on the trip to watch the girls during our meetings (so I could attend them). She was the hugest blessing! As you can see the girls adore her!



This was the giant "sand mountain". A 5 foot drop on the beach just before the ocean. The girls LOVED it...they thought it was a slide. I got some hilarious video of Abi sliding head first down this, getting a face full of sand, then standing up and "running" into the ocean! She's my little adventurous one!




The girls & I drove down to Laguna Beach a day early with our good friends the Honea's (Lizzy & Jason are in the picture below). The three kids did great on the 13 hour car trip!! And I had a great time with Lizzy & Steve. That extra day was special time with my girls before the weeks craziness began!

What a wonderful, blessed week it was! College ministry is so fun...crazy games, lots of laughter, energy & enthusiasm. And I am so inspired by M28's zeal for the Lord and heart for the lost. They are the most loving, faithful evangelists that I know!! I'm grateful to be a part.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love these pics...especially the one of Alathea flying the kite and Abi watching! ;) Im glad you guys had a good time!