Tuesday, December 02, 2008

We will never forget...

...the worlds greatest Mom..


... the most beloved Nana...


...the best of friends...


...the Birthday of the most wonderful Mother to have ever lived! Today would have been my Mom's 52nd birthday. I know she is having the best birthday celebration with her Savior, but that doesn't make me miss her any less. December is a month FULL of memories and reminders of Mom everywhere I look. I love any and every reminder of my Mom that I can get. They are painful, yet sweet at the same time. 

I may be completely reading WAY too much into this, but for what its worth, this certainly means the world to me... Yesterday I finally worked up the guts to go through a tub that has a bunch of Mom's clothes in it (I'm saving a few in *hopes* that one day I can make a quilt out of them- my aunt did this with my grandma's clothes and I think its an amazing idea). I hadn't taken the top off the tub since the time I packed it up over 2 years ago. I just never thought I could without crying. Well, as I looked through the sweaters and shirts and memories, I saw a little white stuffed bear with a small bib saying "Its a Girl". It was adorable and I had absolutely no memory of every seeing it before. While I have no idea where it came from or how it ended up in the tub, I was amazed at God's kindness in this little bear! I've been a little sad watching Alathea with her beloved bunny (aka "Honey") that my Mom gave her and wishing that Abigail could just have something that was just hers from Mom.  It was almost as if Mom had tucked this bear into this tub without me knowing, just for my sweet Abigail to have a gift from her Nana. This little bear is a precious gift, perfectly timed, given to me from the Lord. Its a small way that shows how the Lord indeed knows exactly what we need in exactly the perfect timing. I am so grateful!

Anyways, Happy Birthday, Mom! I miss you so much!!! 

3 comments:

Anne said...

Jeanie, What a precious gift from the Lord! His heart is so full of love and tenderness to His children. I'm sure your mom smiled as she saw you finding that bear. Abi will treasure it!

JJandFive said...

how sweet that you found that bear, Jeanie.
love you : ) thought about you this week. i know it's hard.

Seth and Janet said...

or one of the worlds best carpool moms? Carpool was always an adventure and I am so glad that I have those memories with you and your Mom in the white van and the sliding door that never seemed to want to close. :)

thanks for sharing this jeanie. It's a blessing to know where your Mom is and its even more dear to see how much you treasure her.

God bless,

Janet