Sunday, October 05, 2008

Birthday Weekend

My birthday was earlier this month but last weekend I got my two favorite gifts: a visit from my Dad (Fri-Sun) and a get-a-way with My Love (Mon-Tues). It was like a week long celebration! I absolutely LOVE when my Dad comes to visit. We always have a great time and he completely spoils us. We spent lots of time at Starbucks, going on walks and going out to eat. My favorite was my birthday dinner on Saturday night- we went to Brixx up in Birkdale, ate outside and afterwards hit Starbucks and listened to a live band play. Alathea had a blast dancing to the music. It was one of those perfect evenings. Unfortunately I haven't loaded the pics from Dad's visit yet, but I do have the pics from our get-a-way! We decided to make the most of our season passes to the Biltmore and go to Asheville again. 




This is a GORGEOUS time of year in Asheville...the leaves haven't changed yet, but the weather is perfect. Joe surprised me for my b-day gift and booked our room at the Princess Anne Hotel. It was lovely and we had a suite so Abigail had her own room. We drove up on Monday and ate lunch at an outdoor bistro at the Biltmore and explored the gardens and farm area. After a quick dinner we spent the rest of the evening at the Princess Anne. It was wonderful to relax together. 




Abigail did amazing! Both days she only had her morning nap- yet was never fussy. I'm getting really spoiled with her. Tuesday afternoon we did the "Legacy of the Land" tour and she fell asleep on Joe. He really enjoyed the snuggle time and she stayed asleep while we walked around the house. Our season passes expire in a few weeks. I think we've been to the Biltmore 5x with them...we somehow aren't tired of it yet...we'll miss having them!

I sure am grateful beyond words for this man...I love you baby! Thanks for a wonderful b-day!


1 comment:

Denise said...

Wow, this all looks so beautiful and amazing! Happy Birthday (belated)!!! I'm happy to hear your Dad and Joe got to bless you with special times with them - I know you cherished it! Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures.