Saturday, February 09, 2008

Abigail Kathleen Lechner...





Yes, she indeed does have a name! For months now we have prayed that the Lord would make this little girls name clear to us... and we "thought" we knew what she would be called. But about a week ago Joe began feeling very strongly about the name Abigail, which means "a fathers joy". Because it was such a shift from our original thoughts, we wanted to really be certain that is was indeed her name. There is more to the story, but that is it in a nutshell. So it took us until 9am this morning- and now there is not a doubt in our minds! You can still call her "baby A"- but now her official name is Abigail Kathleen. We call her "Abby-girl" :). Kathleen is my Mom's full name- and it is such a joy and honor to be able to name this little girly after her. 

Anyways...praise God we are home with a beautiful, healthy little girl. So far she has been so wonderful- a happy, peaceful baby. She's eating and sleeping great. We enjoyed the special "bonding" time with just her in the hospital. I am recovering pretty well, but feel pretty fatigued and "beat up" from labor, delivery and the after birth contractions that come with nursing (which have been WAY more painful this time!). But overall, I am far better than I would have expected. In case you haven't heard about her delivery- it took me from 8am-1:30pm to get to 2 1/2 cm- at which point they ordered my epidural. After the epidural, my blood pressure dropped rapidly, they put me on oxygen and were concerned about Abigail's heart rate- which was fluctuating from the 50's to 200's- they thought the cord may be wrapped around her neck. And the epidural was so strong that I couldn't move the bottom half of my body, which I really didn't like. I was tearing up at one point because I was so scared for the baby. I prayed and prayed that she would be OK.  I had to lay on my side to help the blood pressure stabilize, and they decided to turn me to my other side, at which point the nurse noticed Abigail's head coming out! This was at 3:40pm. So at 3:43pm Abigail was born! No doctor- just the nurses! I only barely pushed once. It turns out nothing was "wrong" with her or I, other than I went from 2-10cm in just over an hour and her head was starting to come out, but no one knew! Crazy. But praise the Lord we are both well!!
Alathea is still loving on baby Abigail. I can tell its a bit hard for her- so keep praying. Tomorrow is her birthday!! She'll be two! It will be wonderful to focus on her for the day.
Joe continues to amaze me as he is one AMAZING husband- he serves me & loves me all day & night!!! I love you, baby!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanie, Abigail Kathleen is a beautiful, beautiful name! I am so glad you are able to rest peacefully knowing it is just what God wanted this new little one to be called. What a gift! I love you:)
Anne

Spirit of Adoption said...

Beautiful - baby and name! What a CRAZY delivery! Praising the Lord that she is healthy and here!!!

Lindsay said...

LOVE the name! My youngest sister's name is Abbie and I have always loved it:) Congrats again. I pray you all will have a smooth transition this week.

Anonymous said...

Jean,
Abby girl is lovely!
And Lathie J will do great!

take pictures of her in the new boots for me!

Love you, my little hot momma

Chavia said...

Congratulations Jeanie! I'm so happy for you guys:)

Rebecca said...

There's no doubt, she has stolen our hearts already!

JJandFive said...

I love her name : ) Did you know my Mom's name was/is Abigail? : )

JJandFive said...

And our "Alyssa Gail" is named after my Mom.
Can't wait to meet her, Jeanie! We are in Florida right now, or I'd have already stopped by.
Love you!

Denise said...

Congratulations on such a beautiful, perfect little girl!!!!