Friday, November 30, 2007

Everyday Life



Its been a little while since I posted about everyday, ordinary life. Lets see...where to begin? I am now 31 weeks pregnant and my belly has grown a lot this past month. I am starting to "feel pregnant". I'm more tired and my back hurts a bit. I just "retired" from running this week, which is sad, but I am amazed I've been able to keep up my running routine with Reba & Jenny for so long (and extra 6 weeks longer than when pregnant with Alathea). So for the next 2-3 months its just walking for me, until after post-partum. I'm already looking forward to running again- I really miss it when I can't and walking just isn't the same to me. Overall this pregnancy has been a great as the last time...other than the typical fatigue & aches, I've got nothing to complain about!




It's hard for Joe & I to believe we'll have another baby girl in just 9 weeks!! We've been talking about baby stuff more now that it is becoming a reality...like names, where the baby will sleep, ect. We are very excited! I'm a little nervous about having two, excited but nervous. I often wonder how I could love this baby as much as I already do Alathea. I hope thats a normal concern! I'm tempted to feel this pressure to get the house perfectly in order, all scrapbooks caught up, ect, ect before baby girl comes, all of which is so slow going as I'm more tired...I've tried to fight the temptation by enjoying each day as an underserved gift from God and to rest that He will allow me to get done what His agenda is, not my own.

Tomorrow (Dec 2nd) would have been Mom's 52nd b-day. Days like this make me miss her very, very much!! And the thought of having this baby with out her can be quite sad. Pray for my family tomorrow if you think of it!





Alathea is quite the little personality now. She's a bundle of energy- especially when she is around people. She's your typical "college ministry" baby who loves a crowd and thinks the world revolves around her...so far its still pretty cute. She's also the oldest Grandkid on both sides, and she LOVES all of our families. She's been asking for "Pop-Pop & Ju-ju" (My Dad & Julie) almost daily since Thanksgiving. Alathea has been talking like crazy. It seems like everyday she learns a word or two. This week the highlights were "Luv-lu" (I love you) and "A-ya-a" (Alathea- her own name). Her favorite things to do each day- take care of her baby dolls, play outside, sidewalk chalk & play dough, READ books (she's a book nut), do puzzles and have dance parties (literally- she'll gather everyone in the house to the kitchen, ask us to turn on the music and we'll all dance for 3-4 songs- she's hysterical when she's dancing & singing). She also loves seeing her buddies- especially CJ & Avery and "Kat-kat" (whom she still see's daily!). Alathea also loves to "help" me with whatever I am doing around the house- I'm so grateful for that.


These are just some random everyday pictures (the 1st two were from Jason Kovacs Photography)...

Alathea and Kathryn in their shades


Alathea exploring the outdoors


Me enjoying some sweet snuggles...such a Mama's girl


Alathea performing for a crowd on the piano :)


Alathea at a M28 Coffee House- she is front & center dancing to the music at 10:45pm at night- sure didn't seem tired to me :)


That is one thing I am grateful for as this baby approaches- Alathea is an awesome sleeper. She sleeps typically from 7:30pm to 7:30am and then takes a 3-4 hour nap during the day! If that keeps up, I'm sure the extra sleep will help me!!

That ended up being one long update! An updated belly picture to come...

4 comments:

C. said...

You make me so excited to have a little girl! What an exemplary mommy you are, my friend. I would LOVE to see you and introduce you to my daughter when you come into town. Keep me posted, ok?!

Anonymous said...

I think I've told you this before, but the "revelation" I had that helped me feel freedom bonding with Savannah was to remember that when she was born I had over two years of memories built up with Wesley that had grown my love - although I loved Savannah fully even before she was born, there is something to be said for the love that is built through shared experiences. That love for your new baby will grow with time just like your love for Alathea has grown with time. But I find purposefully setting my heart to enjoy Savannah, nurture her, and savor "bonding" experiences (like nursing or playing together) really helps too...I imagine it takes more purposefulness to stop and "savor" the delights of motherhood with each child added to the mix.

Anonymous said...

thak's to GOD that already gave you two litlle girl, oh how they face like angel on me, my pray for your family

Azis said...

cute little girl...