Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Pumpkins






Is it really fall? Hard to believe when I haven't even pulled out Alathea's fall/winter clothes yet! I was talking to someone today making reference as if it were just August a few days ago! Anyways, I enjoy warm weather, but at the same time am excited about the cool weather making it feel more like fall. We've already enjoyed fun fall things like the Lazy5Ranch and have plans to go to an Apple Orchard. The other fall "activity" I wanted to do with Alathea this year was the Pumkin Patch. We were able to do that today! We spent the morning with "Grammy" at Hodge's Dairy Farm. We were the only people there all day. Alathea loved every part of it- running through the fields of pumpkins, a wagon ride, visiting all the farm animals & even a moon bounce! And she of course loved being with Grammy (or "Mammie" as she calls her). We enjoyed every bit of it and hope to go back. Its free, unless you want to buy a pumkin or something from their store. The funniest part was that almost none of the pumpkins were grown there! They have to ship them in, but then scatter them through out the field so that the kids have no idea they didn't grow there. Alathea doesn't care one bit. She LOVES her pumpkin Grammy bought her, and an adorable little one, a gift from her buddy Avery.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think that dress is a little too small on Alathea...showing some leg! :)

We'll have to go there sometime this month. Looks fun!

Topharmers Wife said...

I am glad that I wasn't the only one who thought that it was weird that the "local" pumpkins from the patch were really from Austria! I am glad she had a good time, my kiddos loved it there! They really liked "Susie", did you see her...gross....

Anonymous said...

man oh man am i jealous! Alathea went pumpkin picking before me! I think im gonna go this weekend cause that looked like to much fun to pass up. hmm maybe even do some apple picking and make pies. good thinkin. thanks for the idea Jean! hahah LOVE YOU!!