Saturday, October 06, 2007

Precious Gifts



I don't know why, but every time I look at this picture my heart melts. I have always been a sucker for pictures of children lovingly holding a parents hand. But, wow, this is my child holding the hand of my loving husband. It makes me pause and thank God for his amazing, precious gifts to me! I am a blessed woman. I am so grateful that the Lord always, almost daily (sometimes hourly), reminds me afresh of the precious gift my husband & little girl are to me. I think that losing my Mom so early in life is a constant reminder of how short life is. It helps bring perspective when I have days that seem like endless instruction & discipline, or constant cleaning of messes that seem to appear again as soon as they are picked up. It helps me have Joy in the midst of the sometimes challanging routine of daily life. One of these days I will blink and suddenly be looking at an 18 year old instead of an 18 month old. While I know that season will have its own challanges & joys as well, for now I want to remember to pause long enough to cuddle or take an extra minute to sing a song, or to color with side walk chalk and dance to silly music when it comes on. Sweet, precious moments that I don't deserve! While the Lord & his Salvation are by far the greatest gifts, I know next in line are these two (or three with baby girl on the way) people I love so dearly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture! I love your love for motherhood and for Joe. What precious blessings God has showered on us!

Rebecca said...

Great picture!