Saturday, September 01, 2007

Bye-bye Pool

































Today is a sad day. It is the last day this year that we will be able to go to our pool. Alathea, Joe & I have made so many special memories at the pool. Many family days. Alathea & I have enjoyed almost all of our "Alathea-Mommy Dates" at the pool. We've had playgroup at the pool once a week with Alathea's buddies. Lots of time with Grammy, cousin Andrew & all of Joes family. Alathea has spent much time with her favorite nieghbor buddies Kathryn & Olivia at the pool. The Swans have joined us many times for a last minute evening swim. The pool has been our favorite place to be this summer.

Alathea learned many things at the pool...she now thinks she can swim. She kicks her feet and blows bubbles while we hold her stomach and move her about the water (see pictures of Joe "teaching her to swim" above). Alathea has learned how to "jump" into the water. She also learned how to "fly" (see 1st picture). She is quite brave in the water now. I'm starting to wonder if she's part fish.

Other sweet memories like sharing our popsicle on our Mommy-Alathea Dates, her in her cute bathrobe after swimming, how she loves her hat & sunglasses, her counting "two, two, three" before she'd jump in the water, how cute she looked in her little float, the times she'd bring me her swim diaper & bathing suit saying "pool, mamma", her adorable pruned hands & feet after hours of swimming, the delight she had on her face when her friends would show up to be with her at the pool, how she loved to 'shower' at Katies pool (see bottom pictures) and how she LOVES the pool the very best when Daddy goes....these are memories I'll cherish!

Oh, and I have to admit, I guess I am just a big kid and love the pool every bit as much as Alathea. Can't wait until next summer :)

Also, sorry for the ridiculous amount of pictures!! I picked my fav's, which are all special to me, but didn't realize how many it was!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy memories. :)

And just think, next year you'll get to do it all over again with a 2.5 year old Alathea and a sweet babe. I promise that's lots of fun, too!

LeahHawkins said...

Love ALL the pictures! Especially the feet one!

Rebecca said...

You crack me up...believe it or not, the pool will still be here next summer! :) It HAS been fun, though.

Anonymous said...

maybe she would have loved it more if I had been there... at my pool.