Thursday, September 06, 2007

And we're having...

A GIRL!!!

Surprise, surprise, huh?? Most of you all guessed it right. Honestly I thought I was having a boy, guess I can't trust my "instincts" :). Both Joe & I are thrilled about another girly. God has been so kind to bless us with two of them! I'm so excited for the Lord to bless Alathea with a sister so close in age. I was getting a little nervous myself today thinking "will we ever have a boy?"- but hey, thats not in my hands. The Lord knows what's best. And Lord willing more babies in the future...maybe a boy will show up somewhere :)



Alathea was a bit scared that they were hurting me during the sonogram...so she sat next to me watching their every move


The "four" of us had a celebration lunch at Brixx afterwards (Alathea looks a bit stunned...maybe because we kept telling her she was going to have a baby sister...it'll be interesting as the universe will not just revolve around her anymore :)


And now, the sonogram pictures. We didn't get any great ones, except the one of her "private parts"- the nurse said "98% sure its a girl":




Joe LOVES being a Daddy of girls...he'll tell anyone that. But he was funny today as he realized he is now officially out numbered. He was sobered as he thought of all the crazy girl emotions that he'll have to be surrounded with in the future :)

Well, our next step is giving HER a name! Any sugguestions :)

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congratulations guys!!!! We are thrilled with our two girls! And the sister thing is so precious. They are immediately drawn to one another, at least that was our experience. So welcome to the two girl club!

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! What a blessing....I love little girlys!!! AND, it is so fun to watch daddys and their girls...how special!!!! Congrats!!!! Love you all...Robin M

Spirit of Adoption said...

SO, SO, SO fun!!!!!! Congrats!!!! We look forward to meeting this little girl!!!! And, you know, you could always adopt a little boy! ; )

Anonymous said...

i think Julie is a really solid name...

Meg said...

Congratulations! I thought it was a boy too, so my insticts must be wrong as well :-) Speaking from a younger sister perspective, baby girl #2 is going to be so blessed by having a big sister! Especially if Alathea turns out to be like mine!!

Hilary Ann said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you guys =) Joe's outnumbered position will get better and better as time goes on . . . we 3 girls get a huge kick of seeing Dad squirm when we talk about all sorts of girly things. (Recounting stories of plucking eyebrows is the best)

Unknown said...

Sigh...this is so sweet! My heart is full for you guys! (And I've got a boy you can borrow anytime you need a fix!)

Tali Kauflin said...

Congratulations! It is so great that Alathea will have a playmate and best friend to grow up with! I loved that my sister and I were close in age, and we had so much fun being girlies together! So sweet! We are so happy for you all!

Denise said...

Aww! A girl!!! Girls are great, she'll have a best friend/playmate. My younger sister, Karen, and I are 20 months apart. Loved it! I loved having ALL my sisters! Especially fun when you all get older and get to share clothes/shoes.

THANK YOU for checking the blog!!! It's exciting to be here doing this, although still a lot of waiting involved. :/ I'm glad Jonathan comes in tomorrow b/c we can wait it out together! For us it's like a whole week in San Antonio w/o work, VACATION! Nice, huh? Love you!!!!!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Congrats you guys! I bet Alathea will be the best big sister! God bless you guys!

Name ideas? =) how about Arianna?

Kelley Murphy said...

Josh can sympathize.

Laurie Z said...

yay jeanie!! so happy for you! tell joe if he's in need of some empathy to call my brothers ;)