Friday, August 17, 2007

The Bradford Store




Somewhere out in the Huntersville/Davidson area is this adorable little white house called the Bradford Store. Reba & I had heard so much about it, we decided to make a trip there with our girlies. We spent a few hours there! Its a generations old, family run store, set in the middle of this families farm. They had home-grown produce, homemade bread, jams, salsa, ect. Alathea was thrilled that they even had a little table full of old-fashioned toys & games for kids (she was actually so upset because she did want to leave that one of the ladies whom she befriended that worked in the store had to hold her hand and walk her out to the car with me:)

Reba & I had a field day taking pictures of the kids- in the gorgeous garden (you can buy fresh cut flowers), on the front porch rocking chairs, on the tractor (I forgot to include that picture!), ect. It really was a fun place to take the girls. They had old fashioned coca-cola bottles, ice cream, checkers, rocking chairs & a beautiful view- all asking you to stay a while. Both Reba & I came home with lots of goodies to taste in the coming week.

Alathea had so much fun, I think I will take her again on "dates" on a regular basis. It felt like we went back in time. Oh, an added plus- inside the little shop there was A/C! Check out Reba's blog for more picts.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Jeanie!! these are some of the cutest pictures of Alathea! her out fit is soo cute, and that place seems so fun! by the way, i sent you something in the mail :)

Rebecca said...

Thanks for taking all those pictures...after downloading all 200 of them on to my computer, now I know why you have 14,000 pictures on your computer! :) Like we said, take 200 and you'll end up really loving 10 of them. What a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

That place sounds so neat! Every time we've visited Summers Walk its always piqued my curiosity but we haven't ventured in there yet.