Friday, August 10, 2007

18 Months Old












My little princess turns 18 Months Old today! WOW!!! It seems like just yesterday we had her 1 year old birthday party. Today We decided to "celebrate" her b-day again (which I want to do every year since she has a yucky winter b-day) by having cinnimin rolls for breakfast (Joe said a cake may be over the top :), went to the pool during the day and a special Chick-fil-a lunch (she claps when we go to Chick-fil-a...and she says "moooo" the whole time we are there :). Its been a lovely day so far. I spent a bunch of time this afternoon thanking the Lord for the precious gift that she is. I know every mom says this, but I couldn't ask for a sweeter, more precious child. There is not a day that goes by where she doesn't make me smile huge or laugh hysterically. Lately as I drive in the car I look in the rear view mirror and she's blowing me kisses the whole trip...makes my heart melt! Every night after dinner Joe & I have been "rough housing" with her on the floor in the family room. She LOVES it...especially when Joe throws he way up high & then tickles her till she's laughing so hard tears are coming out. She's a blast. I also love how much she adores her Daddy. The best part of our day is seeing his little white car drive up in the driveway. She literally sprints to the door...bangs on it & yells "Da-da-da-da!!" Joe is one awesome Dad. Alathea has also been so sweet to me lately as we are approaching the one year anniversary of Moms death (Aug 21st). I have been tearing up a bit more often and she always looks incredibly concerned and showers me with snuggles & kisses. She truly is Gods gracious gift to me! I just love her! And I never imagined I 'd love being a Momma so much...thankfully I learned from the best example in the world...my own dear Mom.

***All the pictures are from Kristen Snyder (my sisters dear friend in MD)...kristenleighphotography.blogspot.com***

2 comments:

Denise said...

I think it is such a blessing to your heart to have Alathea to give you such sweet love every single day... I think she's extraodrinarily good-natured and sweet, all that loving!!! :) I think it's precious how she senses you're sad and wants to shower you with extra love. You two have a special bond, Jeanie! I love the pictures, which one did you end up giving Joe???
Love you guys!!!

Unknown said...

I agree! These pictures capture so much sweetness between you two. Thanks for sharing your heart so openly.