Thursday, May 31, 2007

Remembering Mom




I finally got the courage to visit Mom's gravesite this Memorial Day. She has a beautiful spot, next to 3 weeping willows and a stream. She & Dad chose a beautiful plaque in the ground rather than a headstone. Dad wants to be buried with her, so that's why he went ahead and put his name on the plaque (it was a bit wierd the first time I saw it!). I also went to my Grandparents grave, as well as Julie's friend, Darcy, who died a few years ago...all of whom were buried at "The Gates of Heaven" memorial gardens. God gave me peace the entire time. It was a great time of "remembering", but I was struck strongly with the fact that my Mom wasn't there...she is in Heaven rejoicing with my Grandmother, Darcy and the Savior. Thankfully I was full of Joy and not sadness. God is so good to me! My Dad's camera has gorgeous pictures of the tree's and streams- I'll put them up once I get them.

As simple as my parents plaque is, I couldn't help but being struck by the cross in the center of their two names. It will always be a strong symbol to me of how the Cross was at the center of their marriage and lives, and it they will always be an inspiration to follow in their footsteps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we sure got excellent parents dont we? i love where moms plaque is. im proud of you for going! Love you!!

Denise said...

Oh Jeanie, that is beautiful, especially the Cross stands out a lot. I'm proud you did that, and that it turned out to be a beautiful little spot - Not where your mom is, but where she is remembered.

You're such a lovely and strong example to so many girls/women. Love ya girl! Can't wait to see how Joe likes his gift from you two!

Ken Bowers :) said...

Jeanie,
I sure am proud of you!! I am so glad that God is sovereign over all!! I miss mom a lot and can't wait to see her again!! What a reunion that will be!! Can't wait to give her a 1000 year kiss!!
Love You Lots!!

Dad xxoo