Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mothers Day


The Lechner Momma's and the kiddo's (Alathea & I, Heather and her son Andrew and Marian)


Me and my Girlie (complete with her corn on the cob!)



We were "trying" to get a good family picture...as you can see Alathea just wanted to play


"Grandpa and Grammy" with their sweet Grand-baby's


Joe out did himself again! While I anticipated Mother's Day being like every other holiday this past 8 months (a big reminder that my Mom isn't with us anymore)...it turned out to be one of the best days all year. Joe showered me with words of encouragement, a sweet letter and gifts. He then made dinner for the entire Lechner family (it was quite delicious!) and we had a lovely evening in our back yard. Then on Monday he sent me off to Starbucks for the afternoon to get some extended time with the Lord. And that evening he took me out to a fancy dinner (thanks to our wonderful friend Hilary babysitting and a gift cirtificate from M28 friends!), and we celebrated again.

While I loved all of the festivities of the weekend, perhaps the most significant thing that happened was the Lord doing a work in my heart. As I spent time with Him on Monday afternoon, I was overwhlemed with gratefulness to the point of tears. Gratefulness that He would allow me the priviledge of being a Mom...and gratefulness that He would give me the most amazing Mom as my example. I realized that altough my Mom isn't with me physically right now, her wisdom and example is still having a huge impact on the way I live every day. So instead of being sad that Mom isn't here right now, God kindly shifted my focus to all that He has blessed me with. A sweet reminder that His ways are perfect- even when I may not totally understand.

4 comments:

Denise said...

"So instead of being sad that Mom isn't here right now, God kindly shifted my focus to all that He has blessed me with. A sweet reminder that His ways are perfect- even when I may not totally understand. "

Jeanie, that really says it all. Your faith is something I marvel at. Your constant praising the Lord's goodness speaks VOLUMES to me. You are wealking Hebrews 11, you are one of those. I am humbled as I listen to you.

I have an email reply almost finished to you, which says a lot more. But I at least wanted to comment even if I haven't finished it. Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy that you had a wonderful Mother's Day (and day after, too)!

Anonymous said...

man joe's a keeper bean! Just gotta say i think you are an AMAZING MOM! :)

Spirit of Adoption said...

So thankful to hear how the Lord graced you with a thankful heart!!!! What a tender Lord we have!!! And what a precious Mother's Day! So glad it was an encouragement to your heart!!!