Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Weekend with Pop-Pop, Uncle Rocky & Aunt Julie






We were so blessed to get to spend 3 whole days with my dad ("Pop-Pop"), my brother Rocky (Uncle Rocky), and sister, Julie (Aunt Goober :). They flew into Charlotte from Maryland for Columbus Day weekend. It was SO GOOD to see them. I missed them so much. All summer I was blessed to see them about every other week while mom was sick. Since her death it had been 6 whole weeks, which felt like a very long time.

We had lots of fun hanging out together, going to the mall, getting candy apples, going to Starbucks, watching movies, going on walks and eating lots of yummy meals! My Uncle Perry (Dad's brother) and Aunt Janet drove up from Columbia, SC for a night...it was great seeing them as well!

I pretty much have the most amazing family I could ever ask for. All three of them are true Hereos of mine for the way they trust the Lord, focus on others and exibit so much Joy in a difficult time. I couldn't love and respect them more than I do right now! They are truly amazing.

Alathea also absolutely adores them (and really enjoys the attention :). A few days after they left I was listening to a message my dad left on the answering machine. When Alathea heard "Pop-Pops" voice she quickly turned her head, had a huge smile, wiggled her legs and let out a squeal. More proof of how much she loves them too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeanie she is soooooooo cute!!!!!!!!! good grief.. haha. i had so much fun with you!!! i miss you soooo much!!!! I love you!!! :)tell booger i love her too :)

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures of the Bower clan! Timmy thought your Dad was one of your brothers--love it! Loved to see Rocky holding little Alathea and had to look twice to see if Julie was Julie or you!

Love you girl!

Jenny

The kids want to know Rocky's real name!

Anonymous said...

What is Rocky's real name.

Nick

Jeanie said...

Rocky seems to think his real name is Rocky- that's all he responds to. But my MOM named him Michael :)
Dad, of course, calls him Rocky.

Rebecca said...

Jeanie,
I love the pictures! Look at that hair coming in on Alathea's sweet little head! Makes me want to kiss it! I miss you so much, and we're looking forward to seeing you guys in a month.

Love,
Reba