Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Heading to Florida...


As much fun as we have with Alathea's baby pool on the front porch, we are really excited about heading to Florida this friday morning! My dad was extremely generous and blessed Joe & I with a belated "anniversary" trip after this long & hard season of Mom's illness & death. We found this amazing resort outside Orlando, Florida and have it booked from Sept 29-Oct 6. We can't wait to have an entire week together as a family!! We are even more excited because Joe's grandmother, Mere, and his Aunt Mimi are driving up from Ft. Lauderdale to spend the weekend with us (Mimi has never seen the baby!).
It gets even better...once we get home, the next morning (Sat., Oct 7), we get to pick up "Pop-Pop", Uncle Rocky & Aunt Julie from the airport!! They are spending Columbus Day weekend with us! We can't wait! I miss my family SO MUCH (Alathea does too :). I'm sure LOT'S of pictures will soon come :).
God has been SO KIND to bless us with this special family time following a season of lots of time apart from each other. Thank you, Daddy, for your amazing generosity & Thank you Lord for blessing us so richly!

5 comments:

Denise said...

That's so wonderful, Jeanie. And so sweet of your father to bless you guys like that! I hope you, Joe, and Alathea have a really special time as a family down in Florida. I LOVE Florida beaches, they're my favorite of anywhere.... all that white sand! Post many pictures, please! Have a blessed time, miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Jeanie,
We hope you all have a wonderful time, but Avery can't wait for her little wrestling buddy to come back! Don't forget to take lots of pictures, because as moms that is what we are meant to do!
Eileen

Anonymous said...

great pictures!! Have a wonderful trip. This is a much needed rest together for all of you. I miss you guys so much.

Nick

Rebecca said...

Hi Jeanie,
Thanks for the pictures...Alathea is growing up! Have a wonderful time on your vacation, and we'll chat when you get back :)

Love,
Rebecca

Unknown said...

Jeanie...
I love seeing the pictures you post! I pray you all have a wonderful, refreshing vacation, and also a great time with your family when you get back!

I miss you...
Bethany C